Speed work--woot! (Read 737 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just want to say that in the month that I have been diligently adding a speedwork session to each week I have cut almost a half minute off of my typical "easy" run time and I'm almost having to force myself to slow down for those easier runs. I also broke 10 minutes/mile on a 10 mile run for the first time. My "virtual" 10 mile time is now better than my real 10 mile PR. I have a 10 mile race in a couple of weekends and I am confident that I will even beat my virtual PR! Big grin So get out there and do your speed work, people! It's ALL good! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good job zoom! Speed work rocks, and it's fun. And your virtual time is your PR. No one said a PR had to come in a race. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

VERY GOOD!!!!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

madness baby

That's great, Kirsten! Since I've only done one speed workout, you've totally inspired me. Thanks for the motivation, girl! Smile
          deb

My dogs are fast, not me

Excellent!!

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did hills today...about a mile to the hill, then ran a mile up and down, and a couple of miles home. Am I the only one who runs a mile of hills at a faster pace than just about anything else? My split for my hill portion of my workout was like 9:21. This is faster than my mile split for a 5k I did last Fall. I'm a freak.

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I'm a freak.
                We knew that before the hills and speed work, though.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I was waiting for that response. I should have placed a money bet--next time I think I will... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

It's only 'cuz we love ya.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Am I the only one who runs a mile of hills at a faster pace than just about anything else?
                      Unless the hill is a total mutha, I do the same thing when I do hill repeats. It's kind of like, "Man, I just want to hurry up and get this thing over with."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's only 'cuz we love ya.
                        I'm still not gonna flash my boobies... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

WooHoo! You are making such awesome progress! Can't wait to read your race report!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think my 10 mile race next weekend is gonna be awesome! did's aunt knows the course well (she's one of the ones doing timing) and says it's hilly...I love hilly! I take out some otherwise faster runners on hills! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

You're going to do AWESOME @ your 10 mile race!!! I'll definetly can't wait to hear your race report!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson