Friskiness! (Read 1149 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Nope, not a sex drive thread! Last Friday night (full moon, gotta go out in the full moon!), I did my longest run since June. I thought I would need a few to recover fully, but yesterday and today's runs have been the fastest in recent memory. All I can think of is that the weather is awesome AND I was in a hurry! What else can you do when you're in a hurry but run faster? Confused Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

Nope, not a sex drive thread! Last Friday night (full moon, gotta go out in the full moon!), I did my longest run since June. I thought I would need a few to recover fully, but yesterday and today's runs have been the fastest in recent memory. All I can think of is that the weather is awesome AND I was in a hurry! What else can you do when you're in a hurry but run faster? Confused Lynn B
      Please provide full details while bragging. You frisky guy, you. Now I have to spend time checking your journal to see if this is indeed brag-worthy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

JakeKnight

uh .... daaay-am. Shocked Funny how wimpy that makes all your other runs look. You threw your graph all outta whack. Continue bragging. ------------------------------ For those too lazy - or not nosy enough - or not curious enough - to go see what he's talking about, frisky freaky dude here ran something like 33 miles. In one trip. At night. Just because. To repeat: daaaay-am.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow! Lynn, that is something! I did note that your longer "easy" runs are about the same length as my current "long" runs. Talk about relativity! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow! Lynn, that is something! I did note that your longer "easy" runs are about the same length as my current "long" runs. Talk about relativity! Big grin k
            Consider the relativity of what you are doing versus the guys/gals that can't pull themselves away from Jerry Springer long enough to run around the block. You ROCK Kirsten, and you Jake and all you other Running Ahead addicts. The first 100 yards are the hardest! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Consider the relativity of what you are doing versus the guys/gals that can't pull themselves away from Jerry Springer long enough to run around the block. You ROCK Kirsten, and you Jake and all you other Running Ahead addicts. The first 100 yards are the hardest! Lynn B
              Yup--and even relative to where I was 6 months ago. Back then I had been running less than a month and was only up to running maybe a mile or two in a given workout...now I can claim 13 non-stop, pleasant miles. Someday I hope to double that figure! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Great googly moogly!!! Thoroughly impressive, no matter how you slice it....
                  yeah, add me to the WOW crowd! Shocked Good for you! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

JakeKnight

Hey, Lynn: A few questions (who, me?): Did you run it alone? What was the terrain like? What was your food/hydration strategy? How often do you go that long? (And off topic - but when do you find out about the Western States lottery?)

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey, Lynn: A few questions (who, me?): Did you run it alone? - nope, a buddy and I ran together most of the time we were out. He is faster than me, but I think he was kind of afraid to run alone... What was the terrain like?This long run was on pretty flat crushed stone trail around my office (2 mi loop). I am in a timed race coming up in November and I wanted to max the miles rather than spend the time on rough trails. This was my acid test before sending in my race app for the timed event. What was your food/hydration strategy?Ate 1/4 of a subway sandwich before starting, otherwise, ate when hungry, drank when thirsty. Probably took in 20 oz per hour, maybe a little less. I used Clip2 mix mostly, but threw in some pure water, as well. It was pretty humid, but in the upper 60's so I was comfortable, but really sweatty all night. How often do you go that long?If racing, I use the races as long runs. Otherwise, I would normally try to go long at least once a month, if not every other week. Mind you, long isn't always 33 miles. Actually, that is the longest I have run since Western States (pacing) in June. (And off topic - but when do you find out about the Western States lottery?)Lottery is Dec 2, results posted on their website. I have a decision to make if I don't get in, which cool race to use as my feature race next summer!