Fitbit Surge Supported? (Read 108 times)

I am thinking of getting a Fitbit Surge, but I'm wondering if I will be able to import my workouts into RunningAhead.

The Fitbit website says that you can export the GPS data into a TCX file - and the RunningAhead website shows TCX, but only for Garmin Training Center.  Will this work with data from a Fitbit Surge?

madmax989

Good luck with the fitbit.  I had mine for 3 days before I took it back.  The GPS accuracy was horrible.  Sticking with my 10 year old Garmin.

Feeling the growl again

Don't get a Surge with the intent to use it as a primary running watch.  I have one.  I wear a Garmin on the other wrist for runs.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I read a few reviews that stated the GPS accuracy was not as good as the Garmin watches, but it was relatively close.  I'm having some charging issues with my Garmin Forerunner 305 and I'm afraid I may need to be replacing that soon…I was hoping to be able to get one device to replace normal watch, Fitbit Flex and running watch (and still be able to work with RunningAhead so I don't have to switch running logs!)

runmichigan

If your Garmin is out of warranty and you are interested in having it repaired, you can go on the Garmin web site (Garmin Out of Warranty Repair) and determine the cost (for a FR 305 it is $99) to do all necessary repairs  They will provide you with a return authorization.  If they can fix it, they will and return it to you.  If they cannot fix it, they will send you a refurbished Garmin of the same model.

I used this to repair my Garmin 405 that would not hold a charge.  I ended up getting a refurbished Garmin 405 for $89 (that was the repair charge).  Of course, it is a refurbished Garmin that may or may not last.

I would weigh the pros and cons of each.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I read a few reviews that stated the GPS accuracy was not as good as the Garmin watches, but it was relatively close.  I'm having some charging issues with my Garmin Forerunner 305 and I'm afraid I may need to be replacing that soon…I was hoping to be able to get one device to replace normal watch, Fitbit Flex and running watch (and still be able to work with RunningAhead so I don't have to switch running logs!)

The Surge battery goes about 3 days in normal mode.  With the GPS on, it is rated for 4 hours.  Probably not even, in the real world.  So you would need to charge the thing almost every day if you use the GPS.

I am on my second Surge.  The first lasted under a week before moisture penetrated on a run where I used the buttons a lot.  Target took the old one back, but now I just start it and stop it and don't fuss with it in between...just in case.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Have the FitBit flex, went thru 3 wristbands, wound up giving it away.