New England Runners -- GREAT RACE ALERT (Read 917 times)

For all you New England runners, I want to give you a heads up. There is a great race coming on March 1, 2009 in Clinton, Massachusetts call the Stu's 30K. Confused I know a lot of you longer distance runners are thinking about your fall Marathons right now, and some of the lesser experienced runners are looking for a new challenge. This is an excellent race around the Wachusett reservour.....and 30K is not easily run. So if your looking for a good challanging race to train for and are in the Mass area during that time you will find this to be a great race. If you are getting ready for Boston, this is a nice training run about 7 weeks prior to Boston. If you are 'thinking' about trying a Marathon, but just haven't decided, this is a nice distance to try just to help you see where you are... Info concerning this race is at the web site: http://www.cmsrun.org/ and look at the events calendar. I will definately be running in this race, and would really like to meet a few RA'er....... Shocked Hope to see you there...... Big grin John

Champions are made when no one is watching

mikeymike

Dude. It's in March. (But I've run it twice and I agree it's a great race.)

Runners run

jeffdonahue

yeah, I hear it is a great race, just not sure how much of an alert it is right now. Big grin
          Post this again (or bump it up) closer to the race date. That sounds like it'll fit into my training for my next marathon, but it is way too early for me to think about it now.

-------------------------------------
          5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
          10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
          1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
          Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Post this again (or bump it up) closer to the race date. That sounds like it'll fit into my training for my next marathon, but it is way too early for me to think about it now.
            Not too early for me to think about, but I haven't planned specifically what I'm doing yet since (a) I don't know how long it will take me to recover from the January 50 miler, and (b) I don't know if I'll be speaking at a marathon expo in March which will likely lead to me running said marathon. That could be a fun race though, so I'll keep it in mind when planning out my next season.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Sonds like a fun race - I'll have to keep this one in mind for 2010. Already committed to doing the Boston Buildup series in Norwalk with a friend, and they have their 25K the same day. (Note - I'm not running Boston; I'm using the series to help train and gage finish time for the NJ Marathon in early May).
                Definitely worth marking on the calendar, I ran Stu's this year and will probably do it again next year. I think my favorite part was the good-natured grief that you hear from people as they hit the hills. I heard "f-ing Stu..." and "masochistic bastid..." in my travels. My friend Doug (lostinthenet3) was introduced to Stu at a running store, and said "I have a friend that wants to kill you..." Stu's response? "Tell him to get in line with the others." Love it.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Not too early for me to think about, but I haven't planned specifically what I'm doing yet since (a) I don't know how long it will take me to recover from the January 50 miler, and (b) I don't know if I'll be speaking at a marathon expo in March which will likely lead to me running said marathon. That could be a fun race though, so I'll keep it in mind when planning out my next season.
                  Thanks Blaine -- I made this post because this is NOT a race to take lightly. You need to plan and think about this race becaue its 30K, but as BadDawg showed, its HILLS and a very hard course. Think about this one as you will find it to be a really challanging course with a lot of very good runners.... Hope to see you there....... Shocked Wink Big grin

seeEricaRun

Awesome

If I get into Boston this year, I'll likely show up. I need more hills to hate. But yeah, kind of far off.
                      Of course, I wish you the very best of luck getting into Boston... But even if you dont, its a really challanging course that will definately let you know just where you stand....but without having to run the extra 8 miles.... Shocked You'll still be plenty challenged.........hope to see you there... Big grin