Boot Camp/HiiT Training (Read 143 times)

kittenkatkk

English Villain

Anyone else?

MoBramExam

Lots of folks.  Usually sail right on by them about 200 meters into a 5K.   Otherwise fine for general fitness under competent supervision.

kittenkatkk

English Villain

Lots of folks.  Usually sail right on by them about 200 meters into a 5K.   Otherwise fine for general fitness under competent supervision.

Hmmm... So do I if they're not runners. But I've successfully combined it into cross training without losing running speed Smile

Boot Camp (12 months and going):

I gained speed and set new PRs at age 47.  I also had much greater endurance in my 50k runs.

I think its a balance.  I am female and do not wish to be bulky but I love that my arms and back are so defined.  I also see better muscle definition in my legs that running did not provide.  The first mile no longer sucks and I can run hills with great agility.

I think that the boot camp style of working out touches on all muscles and is GREAT for trail runners.  The example I give is that, while running a trail marathon, I tripped.  By tripped I mean that I was flying through the air like superman   I Ianded on my hands and toes, without my face or knees making contact, and I slid about 2 feet in a high plank form.  That surprised me and aside from scapes on my hands I continued on without injury.  If I ever wondered how strong my arms and core had become, I had the answer in that moment.

Ronda

sophy67

The forum content that you shared with me has provided me with a significant amount of knowledge that is useful. I really hope you'll start posting updates more frequently. wheel spinner