The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

rlopez

Drink tickets make no sense. Just give me beer.

And by that, we mean actual beer. None of this michelob ultra bullshit.

ESPECIALLY with medals. "

My most favorite medals are not in fact "medals" and include

Railroad spike from Rainier to Ruston

Painted ceramic tile from Mary's Last Chance

and a couple of belt buckles

MTA: Oh, and my rock from River of No Return

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Shut up jerk face. For that you’re going to have to have three shots of Malört.

My most favorite medals are not in fact "medals" and include

However, what Dr Ternt and I are vaugebooking is the fact that ONE race will give you a cotton shirt and a tech shirt that has been customized JUST to you, with your name or nickname on it and the number of times you've previously completed the race on the sleeve.

I always wear these shirts with pride. The name gets noticed too, the monkeys not so much, not many people who have not run the darned thing know what those mean.

John Wood

I know, who the hell does that? And custom?

Two shirts?

The actual fuck?

For that you’re going to have to have three shots of Malört.

so I got that going for me? nice

Hey though, I did receive a sweet, sweet pint *glass* from a Nashvegas race

I think it may be defective: beverages do not last long in it, possible leak?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That is a design flaw.

Hey though, I did receive a sweet, sweet pint *glass* from a Nashvegas race

I think it may be defective: beverages do not last long in it, possible leak?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

custom? 

ONE race will give you a cotton shirt and a tech shirt that has been customized JUST to you, with your name or nickname on it and the number of times you've previously completed the race on the sleeve.

😳 whoa

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Greetings! Rudely interrupting the t-shirt thread:

a) Thanks, Cinnamon Girl: the drink below was awesome! (Skipped the Peychauds: didn't have, too impatient to wait.)

Dash of Peychauds bitters

Dash of Angiostura bitters

Barspoon Luxardo

sugar cube

2 oz rye whiskey

dash of absinthe

b) Question for our fearless thread leader: how's the running in Indianapolis? Happy to supply more parameters/context if you don't want to just start free-styling an answer.

rlopez

Well, when one puts COVID aside, I will say that the running scene in Indy is STRONG. I was very surprised by that when I moved here. At least 7 local clubs that are active. Lots of races. Some trails if you are into that sort of thing. Big thumbs up.

With COVID? Eh.

Peychaud's bitters are kind of funky... somewhat licorice-y. Pairs well with absinthe. I've been working on the same bottle for 10 years.

That is a design flaw.

so is your face

bhearn

ONE race will give you a cotton shirt and a tech shirt that has been customized JUST to you, with your name or nickname on it 

Or, if you are not careful, with your marathon goal time on it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That remains an awesome story

Or, if you are not careful, with your marathon goal time on it.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Well, when one puts COVID aside, I will say that the running scene in Indy is STRONG. I was very surprised by that when I moved here. At least 7 local clubs that are active. Lots of races. Some trails if you are into that sort of thing. Big thumbs up.

Thanks for the info! I'm perennially looking for places that are (a) good for running (a lot), (b) have reasonable costs of living, (c) are near a major airport (negotiable) and (d) skew cool rather than warm, temp-wise. Winning sports teams would also be deluxe, but now I'm getting into the weeds.

And here's a cocktail I really dig:

1 part (by volume) tequila

1 part absinthe

1/2 part lime juice

1/2 part honey, agave nectar, or some other liquid sweetener (corn syrup? molasses? maple syrup?)

Shake over ice. Strain. Drink. The melted-ice part you get later is good, too.

rlopez

The Indy airport is AWESOME and you are a 45 minute flight from Chicago, so you can get anywhere from here.