Fast Food Sandwiches (Read 1291 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Good thing that there are no outbreaks with other regulated foods, like spinach or berries .
    For example
      Well at least it wasn't Chipotle, where (according to this site) my chicken burrito contains over 1300 calories, 50 grams of fat.
      Oh no? Is there something wrong with chipolte?
        Oh no? Is there something wrong with chipolte?
        I was wondering the same thing! I like the McDonald's BBQ Chipotle chicken wrap.

Michelle

It is so nice to see this discussion. It's funny how my grip turned this way. I have been educating myself about nutrition for a while and really started thinking about it once I had my son. I wanted him to grow up loving good food, not fast food and sweets. Anyway I'm considered an oddity around my community and family because we live in the south and my fight is an up hill battle. I read the Michael Pollan book after someone metioned in this thread. Very eye opening and glad to know that my gut feeling about MCDonald's and fast food in general was right on. Trent thanks for your insight on the drug issue. I think practitioners have a very hard job trying to educate themselves about all the new developments out there, but they have an especially hard time trying to educate their patients. Patients who don't really care about there health enough to stop smoking, control their diabetes (or other ailments) with diet and exercise but would just like to be given a pill.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jeff found me something that I have been looking for in Nashville for some 15 years: a convenient place to buy unhomegenized milk.
            #3. Three. Three sources. After fifteen years without. I just found a THIRD unhomogenized milk producer. This one is from Southern KY and he sells his milk to Wild Oats, also in glass jugs. He's been doing it for just a year and his milk just showed up in the store in the past few months. AWESOME! Suddenly, from famine to feast! All the unhomogenized healthy natural milk I can get. And yes, organic, pastured cows who eat mostly grass and natural grains. And yes, easy to drink even with lactose intolerance. And yes, the chocolate milk is DIVINE!

The drug costs $10 per pill. I understand that the drug company has to spend money doing research and that they need to make a profit, and that is just fine. But of that $10 per pill, $5 went to marketing.
              Only $5 of that pill went to marketing?

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The truly healthy foods are too simple to benefit from any such gimmicks.
                VERY true, VERY true...
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                  I cant believe how decieving eating out really can be.
                  my mom was always immediately & by default mistrustful of restaurants of all kinds. "they sneak things in that you wouldn't add at home. trust me," she would say. or, "see how shiny, how appetizing? APPETIZING UNTIL YOU REALIZE IT IS EXTRA OIL. or WAX!" as an adult, i learned that she was actually generally right about that.