5k 2 weeks before HM...would you do it? (Read 692 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just realized there is a 5k race at my alma mater homecoming weekend...15 days before my goal HM of the year. I haven't done any 5ks this year, but I'd sorta like to do this one. Not sure it's a good idea so close to my HM, though. I'd want to race it for PR, not use it as a training run. Would you do it? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

yes. think some speedwork two weeks away wouldn't be a problem

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

va

i would definitely do it
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cool! I ran my previous 5k out there...probably the same course, but a much smaller race (I think there were 30 of us in that event, which benefitted a local autism support organization). Sweet! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Yes.
            mikeymike

Absolutely.

Runners run

Scout7

I did a 5k a week before a full marathon. I've also done a 9.5 mi trail run the day before a 10 mi road race. Go for it. You'll live.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Come to think of it, I did a 5k 2 weeks before that race last year and it was great! Now I just need to scrape up $20. Gah, 5ks are so $$ for the amount of time run. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Come to think of it, I did a 5k 2 weeks before that race last year and it was great! Now I just need to scrape up $20. Gah, 5ks are so $$ for the amount of time run. Tongue k
                    But.........it's NOT crack. Clowning around

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I say do it! how can you resist? Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But.........it's NOT crack. Clowning around
                        Heh, good point! Wink I'll probably wait until last minute to register. I hope to have a job by then and I'll already have to ask off for the HM. k

~ Sarah Kay

It's not crack, indeed! I say do it!!
                          2009: BQ?