Check out this "run" (Read 1698 times)

De-slacking in progress

really- when you look at the map- switch to "Satellite " view.

Just came back from 7 day cruise on "Allure of the Seas" - the LARGEST cruise ship in the world for our 30th wedding anniversary. Took my Garmin 305 to track location from time to time. I forgot to turn my watch on @ St. Marteen so it doesn't show that leg

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/52e46b4b1bfb456ab14731f50b2aef4e/workouts/37350af2a6b94f79944a05130aa0cf89/map

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

xor

Hi Slappy!

very cool

Half Fanatic #846

That's a really nice route!!  (Hey, what happened to the elevation data?) Wink

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Just a dude.

If you would have run circles around the ship while it moved across the ocean, you would have had some interesting patterns.  I wonder if the ship was going fast enough that you would have a saw tooth look or if you'd get loops...

Could be a fun way to set a PR for some shorter distances... Wink

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you would have run circles around the ship while it moved across the ocean, you would have had some interesting patterns.  I wonder if the ship was going fast enough that you would have a saw tooth look or if you'd get loops...

This has been done and posted here.  I'll see if I can find it.  The answer is usually a straight line, not even a sawtooth.

MrH

A few games of youth field hockey umpiring at the weekend:

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

pfriese

This has been done and posted here.  I'll see if I can find it.  The answer is usually a straight line, not even a sawtooth.

Trent is probably thinking of a couple of runs I shared with him.

Here's an 8 mile cruise ship run I posted earlier this year. Zoom in at the end of the run where we are coming into port and loops will become visible.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/2028389f45ea4ce3b4a3fbea9f4c2ba8/workouts/3bb8aab51680424ab03f249a2ee9bd6a/map

The 20 mile run I did on deck 2 days after just looks like a straight-line even zoomed all the way in.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/2028389f45ea4ce3b4a3fbea9f4c2ba8/workouts/c0770125f93d48a49ab90828de269634/map

Paul

MrH

Here's an 8 mile cruise ship run I posted earlier this year. Zoom in at the end of the run where we are coming into port and loops will become visible.

How come I can't see the ship in the satellite image? 

Clown

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Clown

Keep zooming in.  It's there! 

jpdeaux

Clown

1.) Duh. The cruise is over. That ship has sailed.

2.) You haven't enabled "Whale Road" View in your google maps.

3.) Cloud cover.

4.) Cabin 44C complained of privacy concerns and google removed the ship.

5.) Seriously? You can't see it?

6.) Cloaking.

7.) Sunspots.

8.) Look in front of the wake.

9.) Coriolis effect

10.) Reboot your machine.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

1.) Duh. The cruise is over. That ship has sailed.

2.) You haven't enabled "Whale Road" View in your google maps.

3.) Cloud cover.

4.) Cabin 44C complained of privacy concerns and google removed the ship.

5.) Seriously? You can't see it?

6.) Cloaking.

7.) Sunspots.

8.) Look in front of the wake.

9.) Coriolis effect

10.) Reboot your machine.

You left out running barefoot? Seriously?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jpdeaux

You left out running barefoot? Seriously?

Barefoot? Seriously? Now you're just being silly.

Just a dude.

Trent is probably thinking of a couple of runs I shared with him.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/2028389f45ea4ce3b4a3fbea9f4c2ba8/workouts/3bb8aab51680424ab03f249a2ee9bd6a/map

The 20 mile run I did on deck 2 days after just looks like a straight-line even zoomed all the way in.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/2028389f45ea4ce3b4a3fbea9f4c2ba8/workouts/c0770125f93d48a49ab90828de269634/map

Paul

Yup... wow... ship is just too dang fast, and not wide enough to make much of a difference...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

De-slacking in progress

That's a really nice route!!  (Hey, what happened to the elevation data?) Wink

Well the elevation data showed on the watch- 175ft or lower depending on which deck I was on. It wouldn't lock onto enough satellites while just sitting on our balcony of our stateroom. Had to go to the upper 16th deck to get good readings. Yes it's a straight line even running on deck 5 which has a dedicated running/walking trach the goes around the entire ship. The ship was going 22 knots I believe so it would show a straight line.

The data is for the the RETURN leg only as I forgot to bring the charger for the watch. So I only tracked the two days at sea return trip from St.Matreen to Fort Lauderdale before the watch died.

I also tried to get it to work on the airplane- absolutely NO luck luck there- it wouldn't lock into any satellites even while we boarded the plane and weren't moving. I really was hoping for that.

track

mileage

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14