10k PR (Read 867 times)

My legs are killing me

The first race of the season was today and I shaved 3 minutes off my PR and ran it in 54:40!! I'm pretty pumped. I decided to wear shorts and underestimated the cold. It was 29 degrees at race time and the first 2.5 miles my legs felt numb but I really think it helped because I felt really strong. The first 3 miles I was running at about a 9:30 pace, which is my usual pace for a 10k, but miles 3-5 I was running a sub 8 and cruising and then lost alittle steam toward the end. Toward the end of the race, when I knew a PR was in sight, I kept thinking - this is why I spend all those hours out running alone. I came home to tell my wife I PR'd and I got "oh thats nice". Then had a few beers with some of my friends and told them of my PR and they could care less (non runners). Oh well, today is a day that makes all the work worth it! In two weeks I'll be doing my first 1/2 and this is a great way to build up to it.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Sully! WE care! What a good race you ran. Good luck on your upcoming 1/2.

The Greatest of All Time

Way to knock that sucker out Big Duke Six!
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

My legs are killing me

Thanks guys! I had to vent to people that understand! I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.
            Solid running, congratulations. That time will come down more with training and also with better racing. I don't mean to cut you down, but dropping sub-8s was not a good idea and cost you some time. On the other hand, starting at 9:30/mile for the first few was too conservative. Racing is all about finding that sweet spot: not too fast, not too slow. All the best with your half.
              Congrats on the PR. Keep up the running Kenny
                Congratulations, Sully! WE care! What a good race you ran. Good luck on your upcoming 1/2.
                Yeah, what she ^ said. Nice job, kick ass on your half!

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

And just think - it's your first HM and you know what that means? Another PR!!!! Way to go on the PR!

My legs are killing me

And just think - it's your first HM and you know what that means? Another PR!!!! Way to go on the PR!
                    lol. I didn't think of that Jeff. Alright 2 PRs in one month! What a year I'm having already! Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's nice to vent these things to fellow runners!