The Running Man/Fat Man Running may be out for a while (Read 1082 times)

Hello to all, and I hope you have a Good Holiday and New year. I have not been able to run for what seems like forever, Im not feeling well and this "thing" is moving fast. This may be my last post and I wanted to say that whoever you are, and whatever your goals are you can acheive them. You just have to stick to it and want it more than anything and it will happen. I have been on quite a roller-coaster the past year and 1/2 and have discovered that you had better set your goals and go after them now, dont wait on tommorow, it may never come. And if you have loved ones, make sure that you tell them how you feel as if it were going to be the last day you will se them. Life is to short and waits for no one. I wish all of you the best in life, and run a mile for me.
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    va

May God bless you. Let's all pray for The Running Man.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Bernie. You have been missed. May you find peace and love. Know that we care about you. Thank you for taking the time to come say good-bye. Cry

Roads were made for journeys...

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Bernie! Will definetly run a mile for ya hun! Cry

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

My dogs are fast, not me

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Robin

Now that was a bath...

TRM - You will be in my thoughts. May you find courage for your fight and peace with your actions. I'll run that mile for you too. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, Bernie...so sad to read this. I hope you can feel the healing vibes and prayers being sent your way from your RA family. You are a strong guy--may your strength continue. I hope we'll see you around here again. I, too, will be running in your honor. (((The Running Man))) k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My next race (Dec 30) is for you, TRM.
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                  Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Bernie, I'm so sad to hear of the turn of events. Still, I refuse to give up hope. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                    vicentefrijole

And if you have loved ones, make sure that you tell them how you feel as if it were going to be the last day you will se them. Life is to short and waits for no one. I wish all of you the best in life, and run a mile for me.
                      Thanks for inspiring us. I will run a mile for you and wish peace for you and your family.
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

I posted this over in the Racing forum because I didn't want to knock your thread off the top of this one. http://www.runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=2f9970e7d7e0413a8887b0fdf0a93cae

Roads were made for journeys...

I'll be sending my best thoughts to you while I run the mile for you. Be strong and trust that all will be fine. Ewa
                          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                            Hello to all, and I hope you have a Good Holiday and New year. I have not been able to run for what seems like forever, Im not feeling well and this "thing" is moving fast. This may be my last post and I wanted to say that whoever you are, and whatever your goals are you can acheive them. You just have to stick to it and want it more than anything and it will happen. I have been on quite a roller-coaster the past year and 1/2 and have discovered that you had better set your goals and go after them now, dont wait on tommorow, it may never come. And if you have loved ones, make sure that you tell them how you feel as if it were going to be the last day you will se them. Life is to short and waits for no one. I wish all of you the best in life, and run a mile for me.
                            Ditto on what everyone else said. And if you can't run, may you at least be surrounded by the warmth of those who love you and those you love. I am praying for you to have the strength to face whatever challenges and surprises you may face. Please let us know if there is any way we "virtual" friends can help you!
                              I'm sorry for your troubles. I wish you peace in your travels. The only times I get religion is out in Nature or on a run. There's a lovely trail run close to home. I'll be putting in extra lap for you.

You'll ruin your knees!

Bernie, Thanks for checking in with us. I stand amazed that as you go through your personal trials, you thought to visit here and remind us to love those around us and to reach for the stars. I thank you for that. My prayer for you is going to be specific, that your able to have a joyous Christmas/Holiday with the ones you love and that your family can find comfort during this ordeal. May God bless you and your family, Man, the words just don't cut it... Angry Sad Cry No Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)