So, Santa is now a religious symbol (Read 1040 times)

Well if you really understood Darwin - You would have helped the natural selection of the human race and taken him out of the gene pool.

That's the problem today. Too many life guards for the gene pool. 

Just kidding, sort of.

Hoodoo Guru

what goes around comes around. back in the day, christians co-opted the nordic and celtic seasonal "holy" day celebrations and turned them into christian "holy" days in order to drum up bidness for their new church institution. now, they're all upset some new religion [consumptionism] has come and done the same thing to their "holy" days.

I always wondered why we kept you around.  This reminds me of why.  Thank you.

The tangents are moot.

bhearn

Prince of Fatness

Santa is a potato.

Not at it at all. 

xor

American Christmas Devil indeed.

Santa, Satan.

Both wear red.

Both work at night.

You never see them together.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had Celebration Bowels...they SUCK! Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"run" "2" "eat"

dallas... are you mocking me?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

bhearn

BTW yes, these are my Christmas cards this year.

MrH

BTW yes, these are my Christmas cards this year.

As a native Irish person, I can vouch that this story is 100% authentic.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Menace to Sobriety

American Christmas Devil indeed.

Santa, Satan.

A difficult choice for the dyslexic.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Why did I think you were from Scotland?  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

"run" "2" "eat"

because all britishers look alike.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Menace to Sobriety

I've had Celebration Bowels...they SUCK! Black eye

If my bowels are celebrating, it ususally means I'm not.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

You are vouching for the idea that these are Bob's cards?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If my bowels are celebrating, it ususally means I'm not.

One year the Noro/Norwalk-like virus descended upon us for New Year's eve.  I was not celebrating that year, but my guts were.  That was not a party I was happy to be dragged-along to. Dead I did lose 8#s in 24 hours, though...so there's that. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay