Boston Maraton 2018 Where to stay (Read 89 times)

So I have three options I am considering.  My wife is running some marathon in Vermont the Saturday before so she will be with me.  So we could get a car.

Option 1 Stay here and have my wife drop me off at the starting point early.  I should be in the handful of first wave starters.  How hard is it to get to the start and will getting to packet pickup be a pain?  We can stay here for free though so I really like this option

3 Technology Drive Westborough,MA01581,USA

1 508-836-4800 View Hotel Website

Save hotel

Category 3

<section>

Option 2 we could stay here which is on the T-Line a three minute walk to the Summit Avenue Station.  I would have to ride this to the buses or most likely or at least back.  This is the most expensive around $900 for two nights. 

Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, Brookline

40 Webster St, Brookline MA 02446

Option 3 We could stay here and getting to the Expo is right down the street.  However, I see no easy way to get downtown to the buses or out to the start.  I figure the Expo is the least of my worries.  This one is about $750

Yotel

65 Seaport Blvd, Boston MA 02210

Any thoughts or suggestions?

</section>

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
    Julia1971

I would probably go with Option 2, but will defer to locals re staying in Westborough and getting dropped off at the start.  It seems I hear a horror story from people who go with getting dropped off and then encounter traffic, blocked roads, or something else.  But, maybe it's more hassle-free than I realize and I'm only hearing when it goes wrong.

I wouldn't go with Option 3 because I don't see a huge benefit to staying near the Expo.

I stayed at option 2 in 2016 and have reservations there again for 2018.   Very convenient though now the expo changed less so.

Hip Redux

I dropped my husband off in Hopkinton in the am (there's a nearby shuttle drop off)  to the start and it was fine.  Getting to Boston for packet pick up won't be easy without car.

I dropped my husband off in Hopkinton in the am (there's a nearby shuttle drop off)  to the start and it was fine.  Getting to Boston for packet pick up won't be easy without car.

Is this where you dropped him off?  I could not see an obvious parking lot from Google. Was signage pretty clear where to drop him off. Do you remember what time you dropped him off?

Registered runners are requested to use the shuttle buses from the South Street parking lots in order to ensure timely arrival at the Athletes’ Village.
            Directions from Boston to South Street parking lot: Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) to Route 495 South to exit 21B. Also take exit 21B if coming from Route 495 North.

The one time I went a shuttle dropped us off at the start and we didn't even go to to the village. Can you do that still?  I don't mind being a homeless person for sometime. Was thinking if I get dropped off at 6:30 then I can just chill at the start.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
            • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
            • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Hip Redux

Is this where you dropped him off?  I could not see an obvious parking lot from Google. Was signage pretty clear where to drop him off. Do you remember what time you dropped him off?

Registered runners are requested to use the shuttle buses from the South Street parking lots in order to ensure timely arrival at the Athletes’ Village.
              Directions from Boston to South Street parking lot: Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) to Route 495 South to exit 21B. Also take exit 21B if coming from Route 495 North.

The one time I went a shuttle dropped us off at the start and we didn't even go to to the village. Can you do that still?  I don't mind being a homeless person for sometime. Was thinking if I get dropped off at 6:30 then I can just chill at the start.

Yes, it was very easy to find.  Because I am anal, I kept notes.  lol  From my archives from last year I can tell you - Dropped my husband off at the South St. lot at ~7:40AM.  Some slow down on 495, but not bad.  Plenty of parking spots available there.  He shuttled to the start, got there a little after 8AM.