Time of Day is Off by 1 Hour (Read 256 times)

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Has anyone else noticed that when you upload data from your Garmin, that the time of day is one hour later than when you actually ran? My Garmin time is correct, but it uploads to say an hour later. This started to occur when Daylight Savings hit. Any thoughts on fixes? I like getting 'credit' for being out there early!

26.2 x 31 (3:15:34 PR)

13.1 x 35 (1:30:58 PR)

Author of the book Boston Bound

Imminent Catastrophe

Do you have time zone set to automatic? Or, depending which Garmin you have, DST set to automatic. It's under "System/time".

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I believe Eric has said that logging out and back in will fix this.  I've also encountered it (and haven't bothered to log out/in).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Thanks, guys. I will try both of these before I do my next upload.

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

Logging off and logging back in worked. It probably needed to reset after Daylight Savings.

Thanks so much!

A Saucy Wench

Thanks zoomy - I knew this had happened to me in the past but I couldnt remember why.   My computer has been crashing so much lately that I did not run in to the issue this year.  Angry

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

I haven't been able to track down why the daylight savings isn't updated automatically.  Which browsers are you guys using?

A Saucy Wench

I've been on firefox for years and I know i have had this problem at one point or another and all I had to do was shut down and restart.   I dont know if it happened this year or not.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Elizabeth78

Recovery Phenom

I'm  using Chrome.