Anyone near the beginning of C25K? (Read 774 times)

After years of working with other people to help them get healthier, it is time to do it myself. I worked to lose 20 lbs to get to the point where I could run; now I'm starting C25K and would love to find others who are also ready to begin. Race for the Cure is in my city in about 12 weeks, so that's the goal. I think I can recruit some others from work to do the race with me, but they are already at the point where they can run that far, so I'm looking for some other newbies to join me in these beginning weeks. Thanks for the support and encouragement that this community has already given--I've been lurking for a while before revealing my secret running identity. Wink PolePole (slowly, slowly)
    Lisa3.1

Hi, and Welcome There is a Couch to 5k forum.
        Gracias! I cross-posted there. Smile
        jerinsmommy

Hey Pole, My hubby and I completed the C25K and we did our 1st 5K (Susan B Komen) yesterday....I believe that was 9 weeks of the program. You can do it...running the Komen race was a motivator in itself with all of the survivors running/walking. If I can do it - anyone can do it. Running is a lot of work for me since I really haven't gotten to the point where I enjoy it yet. I pshyc myself out Undecided - but my hubby is a great inspiration. Good luck!
          <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.runningahead.com/scripts/99d917f7c96d446e8c635ab9146394cf/totals"></script>

My running partner!

PolePole - I finished the C25K in January! It's a great program for starting to run. I finished the program in January and just did an 8K race yesterday Big grin! I can tell you that I trained by time and not distance, so since I am a slow runner, at the end of my nine weeks I was not yet running the 5k, it took a little while longer.
            Kat
              Sorry, just now saw the replies. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am definitely in the "if I can do this, anyone can" category, and am working on recruiting a team to join me in Race for the Cure in mid-June. Walking it is cake...I want to run it, or as much of it as possible. 'Course "run" is a relative term, but I just pick a skinny girl on the treadmill and decide to outlast her. Wink Though I have been around sports all my life, I've never been any good at any of them. I've finally decided that I don't care if I'm good at it, I just want to do it to prove to myself that I can. I am already surprised at how far I've come. A few weeks ago, the thought of running a minute straight was daunting, let alone doing it more than once! Now, I know I can do it, and look forward to the challenge of seeing what I can do. Bethanie aka PolePole (slowly, slowly)