what Garmin works best with RunningAhead? (Read 92 times)

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

My beloved Garmin Forerunner 305 apparently doesn't want to work any more.  I have replaced the battery, it turns on in the cradle, but goes off when removed from the cradle.  The contacts all look good.

I had some frustration uploading data to RunningAhead with the 305 but I expect in the last 5 years things have improved.

What is a good Garmin with heart rate to use with RunningAhead?

Bill Wagnon / stl

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

is anybody using the Handy Runner app for Android?

Bill Wagnon / stl

an amazing likeness

Handy Runner is dead, the developer has end-of-life'd it years ago.

Any Garmin will work well with RunningAhead due to the direct integration between Garmin Connect and RunningAhead.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

what's your opinion of the 310XT for connecting?

I wasnt able to run consistently for a couple years, and I really like the site and the data capture here.

Bill Wagnon / stl

an amazing likeness

what's your opinion of the 310XT for connecting?

I wasnt able to run consistently for a couple years, and I really like the site and the data capture here.

I don't think they've made the 310XT for years and years. But it will connect to Garmin Connect just fine, which means it will feed data to RunningAhead. To my opinion, Forerunner 23x is the sweet spot for runners between ease of use and data.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Thanks milktruck I will check it out!

Bill Wagnon / stl

Handy Runner is dead, the developer has end-of-life'd it years ago.

And yet, it's still being promoted on the RA home page.

Dave

I don't think they've made the 310XT for years and years. But it will connect to Garmin Connect just fine, which means it will feed data to RunningAhead. To my opinion, Forerunner 23x is the sweet spot for runners between ease of use and data.

Or save a little money and get the 220. Not all the bells & whistles of some of the other models, but it has everything most runners need. And so far mine has been rock-solid reliable (knock wood) for >2.5 years, not bad by Garmin standards.

Dave

an amazing likeness

Or save a little money and get the 220. Not all the bells & whistles of some of the other models, but it has everything most runners need. And so far mine has been rock-solid reliable (knock wood) for >2.5 years, not bad by Garmin standards.

Personally, I use a Forerunner 220 day in, day out. I'd go back to a FR210 if that was an option to have a less 'fussy' device. But OP did ask for HR monitoring...so that's FR230.

Personally, I use a Forerunner 220 day in, day out. I'd go back to a FR210 if that was an option to have a less 'fussy' device. But OP did ask for HR monitoring...so that's FR230.

Oops. I missed that.

I had a 210 before my 220 as well. I liked the functionality, but I would never go back. Talk about fussy, that 210 charging clip was the bane of my existence. And it took forever to pick up a signal. Also it froze up a few times, requiring a hard reset. Ultimately died after <2 years. I certainly could never go back to the world before bluetooth sync. What dark times were those.

Dave