I'm 6ft 5 (1.96m), and weigh 16st 6 (230 lbs), I'm running my first half Marathon on 27th April 2008 (Read 1484 times)

I started Half Marathon training on the 29th of January 2008. I started a 13 week training plan devised by myself. I now nearly 7 weeks and and doing very well. I have a 10k race on 16th of March and I've set myself a target of 53 minutes. I have trained up to 8 miles so far, witha best time of 1:07:47. (8:28 Ave). I want to run the Half Marathon on the 27th of April 2008 at this pace with a target time of 1:51:21 (8:30 Ave) I just want to show that people of my size (not natural running frame) can train for and run 10k's and half marathons, oh and have fun and enjoy it too. Good luck to all running 10k's and half marathons, and marathons too i suppose. Lee J
    2009 Targets 5k <23m. 10k=""></23m.><48m. half="" marathon=""></48m.><1hr 44. pb's 5k - 24:05, 10k - 50:10, half marathon 1hr 55. 44.="" pb's="" 5k="" -="" 24:05,="" 10k="" -="" 50:10,="" half="" marathon="" 1hr=""></1hr 44. pb's 5k - 24:05, 10k - 50:10, half marathon 1hr 55.>

Why is it sideways?

I'm 5' 6", 135 lbs, have been running for 18 years, and can kick your ass in a race. LETS ROLL, DAWG!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON EVERYBODY BIG VS LITTLE, YO!!!!!! Yeah. Modified to add: yes, I'm being a jerk. Too much coffee, maybe?
        There was a 240lb 5'9 guy who whoop ed my a Surprised Surprised on my first half. He actually ran and walked!!!!! and beat me!

Vim

You're like a 747 versus Jeff the rocket powered hang glider. Tongue

Vim

JakeKnight

Good thing for Jeff he can run fast.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

good luck on your 10k. if this is your first race pace yourself. start in the middle of the pack so has not to hit the wall at mile 4.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm 5' 6", 135 lbs, have been running for 18 years, and can kick your ass in a race.
                More importantly, do you like monkeys?
                JakeKnight

More importantly, do you like monkeys?
                  Or turtles.

Cause I CAN

Do you like peaches? Big grin
                    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                    Sulli42

Lee I just checked out your log. Man, you do like to run races! What's up with that?
                      JakeKnight

Lee I just checked out your log. Man, you do like to run races! What's up with that?
                        Whoa. Holy crap. I need to click on more logs. Very red.

I logged them al as races so because it would then log my fastest time (PB). If I change it to easy. for example it does not record my time against PB. Every time I run a course i try and beat the previous time for it. I only have two races planned. 16 March - 10k and 27 April Half Marathon. Looking forward to them too.
                          2009 Targets 5k <23m. 10k=""></23m.><48m. half="" marathon=""></48m.><1hr 44. pb's 5k - 24:05, 10k - 50:10, half marathon 1hr 55. 44.="" pb's="" 5k="" -="" 24:05,="" 10k="" -="" 50:10,="" half="" marathon="" 1hr=""></1hr 44. pb's 5k - 24:05, 10k - 50:10, half marathon 1hr 55.>
                            Good luck with it man. I take it you are a fast bowler and not a spin? Wink When does the season kick off?
                            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                              Good luck with it man. I take it you are a fast bowler and not a spin? Wink When does the season kick off?
                              It starts on the 19th of April. Running is very good fitness for it. My half marathon is 27th. Looking forward to both. Lee

Into the wild

Every time I run a course i try and beat the previous time for it.
                                You are going to burn out fella... Take care of yourself!

Shut up and run