Shorts that don't ride up. (Read 217 times)

Youredoingwhat

My wife bought me a pair of Colosseum  2 in 1 shorts that are fantastic, they are about 6" to 7" long perfect running shorts for me.  They DON'T ride up when I run.  I definately do not have large thighs or legs but these are the only shorts I have ever had that stay down when I run.  The problem is I cant find them anymore to buy more and mine are wearing out, I have been running in them pretty much for 2 years three to four times a week.  On their website it doesn't look like the sell to the general public.  Does anyone else have a good experience with longer running shorts that stay down where they are suppose to?

sugnim

Try these:

Youredoingwhat

I don't think anyone would want to see me in those!

just a simple cat

Uh, no reason, but....where is this race?  Blush

Try these:

sugnim

Uh, no reason, but....where is this race?  Blush

It looks like it's in South Africa.  You could go enjoy the race & the Pistroius hearing at the same time.

Have the same problem.  I am not going to wear a sunga (Brazilian word for speedos) and your other choice usually in stores is ghetto basketball "shorts" that are long enough to trip over!  Don't they just make regular shorts anymore?

I finally did find some online and all my shorts now are size L.  Technically they are "training" shorts.  I used to wear XL when in fact my waist has gotten smaller the past 10 years.  I guess that is to make people feel better that they don't have the larger size on the tag?  America is such a healthy place!

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I used to wear XL when in fact my waist has gotten smaller the past 10 years.  I guess that is to make people feel better that they don't have the larger size on the tag? 

Exactly. There's even a name for it in the clothes industry. "Vanity Sizing". Especially common in women's clothes. A size 12 or 14 (just an example) is MUCH bigger than it was 10 years ago. Because if a woman is deciding between 2 garments, and one is a 12 and one is a 14, she'll buy the 12 (generally) even if the fit is the same. Just a  psychological thing i guess.

I have the same problem, shorts riding up.

Rather than find shorts that don't ride up, I have always found shorts with a liner that doesn't ride up.  I don't care if the outer material rides up a little, as long as the inner layer stays in place and prevent chaffing.

I have a few pairs of Nike's that are great for this, as are my Lululemon running shorts

2014 Goals

Weight - 200 lbs (currently 211)

2000 miles?

Work on stretching and flexibility an stay healthy for Boston 2014 (have a BQ -9:00 time)

Marathon - 3:10 

HM 1:29:59

10k - 40:00

5k - 19:00

The Irreverent Reverand

I wear these compression shorts on every run. They keep things where they need to be, and nothing rides up or falls down, so we're all good.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-158907/pgid-457646

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. Overweight runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Goals for 2014:

Sub-3:30 marathon; run for a year free from major injuries or interruptions

PRs: 3:27 marathon; 1:41 half; 45:07 10K; 23:26 5K; 6:02 mile; <12 parsecs Kessel Run

Better I Leave

Try these:

Hey! I've got one of those...but in leather and chrome.

SheCan

I like that this thread has 9 replies and 179 views.  Okay, i admit, i looked at it about 100 times.

Cherie

Don’t work harder than you can breathe,
                        and you’ll never get out of breath.-- Johnny Nuguyen