Legs getting tied up? (Read 892 times)

Double IPA Please!

Big grin I was reading an article in Running Times and one of the articles I was reading was talking about avoiding ones legs getting tied up near the end of a race Confused Are we talking about one having a hard time with turnover from pushing too hard or something else?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Double IPA Please!

I thought it was a good question. Confused

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Menace to Sobriety

I think they're talking about lactic acid build up when your legs get all weird and tight after running hard for a significant period of time.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Double IPA Please!

Thank you.

zzz

shoot I was going to say not yet but soon.... Evil grin wrong type of question.

Hawt and sexy

Sorry. I thought this thread was about something entirely different. Back to the Swamp I go.

I'm touching your pants.

A Saucy Wench

shoot I was going to say not yet but soon.... Evil grin wrong type of question.
                someone has to say it. this thread is useless without pictures

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zzz

there ya go Clowning around

Double IPA Please!

Evil grin

A Saucy Wench

nice Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I think they're talking about lactic acid build up when your legs get all weird and tight after running hard for a significant period of time.
                        Indeed! I experienced this for the first time this summer when trying to run 400m all-out. I would get 300m into the race, and then no matter how hard I tried I couldn't move any of my leg muscles. I almost fell down. This is what it looks like to be tied up:
                        mikeymike

Oh that. Yeah. Some people calling it "rigging up."

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Others call it "trenting". Personally, I believe the best way to avoid trenting is phelpsing.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Double IPA Please!

are you dissapointed that this post is not what you thought it was Mikey?? Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I know this sensation...I got it maybe in the last quarter mile or so of my 25k back in May. Weird. I also had it towards the end of a run in the past week...not even a particularly long or hard run, just came on at random. Are there any specific causes, other than effort? What I had wasn't so much painful as it felt like my calves had turned to rock and it felt like my mobility was limited. I kind of wonder if the recent bout was brought on by adapting to the Superfeet insoles?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay