Possible to export from mapmyrun? (Read 858 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I sent the mapmyrun support people an email, but wanted to see if anyone here has been successful.  I have 129 workouts in there, and I don't want to have to recreate them here manually, but I want to switch to the log here.  Thanks!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Well, for anyone that is wondering, I received a reply from the mapmyrun support staff, and it is not possible to export your workouts from mmr, only your maps.  I really like the log format here tho, so I think I'm going to import my maps and get to work on manually entering all of my workouts so I can start tracking over here.

-Dave

My running blog

not lazy, just tired

All my runs are on Garmin Connect. I haven't seen a way to import from there, so I'm working on manually entering them here. Not sure how far back I'll go.

Not if it makes sense.

runfoolery

Garmin connect leaves text files in some obscure location on your computer. If you do a garmin import from the log here it should find those files and import successfully so you don't have to manually recreate your entries
          eric :)

At one time, MMR allows you to export your data, but you need to have a premium (paying) account.  I see that as extortion because it is your data, regardless of the User Agreement.  Even when you can download your data, it only contains only a few fields.  Ever since their "upgrade", they removed the ability to download even if you pay.

As for Garmin Connect, RA can import directly from it.  It is still experimental, which is why you don't see that option yet.  I'll send you a private message with the link to get things started.

eric Smile

BruceD555

Eric, I'd appreciate it if you could pm that link to me to be able to directly import my Garmin Connect online data to RA. 

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mmmmm...beer

Eric, I'll take that link as well please.  I'll be getting a Garmin for Christmas and would like to import the data here.  Thanks!

-Dave

My running blog

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Eric, I'll take that link as well please.  I'll be getting a Garmin for Christmas and would like to import the data here.  Thanks!

I don't think you'll need it, unless you want to use two logs. You can import directly from your Garmin to RunningAhead.

agazdziak

I'm looking for people to beta test a tool to export data from MapMyRun and into RunningAhead. You can also download a csv of data from MMR. This uses the API from MMR and RA, so no usernames / passwords touch my site and all data is temporary. Send me a message and I'll send you a link to the site - I want to work out any bugs before releasing it to everyone.

This is an old topic, so I'm sure the information has changed. I have a slightly different question...does anyone know if it's possible to sync mapmyrun to runningahead? I've been using mapmyrun a lot lately, and I have a horrible habit of forgetting to take that information and put in here, I'd love if it could pull the information automatically!

- Anna 

I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous, or a buttonhole,

not because it did anything spectacular,   

but because it never forgot what it could do.

- Naomi Shihab Nye 

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

...does anyone know if it's possible to sync mapmyrun to runningahead? I've been using mapmyrun a lot lately, and I have a horrible habit of forgetting to take that information and put in here, I'd love if it could pull the information automatically!

I'm not aware of an automatic way to do that but you can export individual workouts from mapmyrun as TCX files and import those using Training Log -> Tools -> Import training data to RunningAHEAD (and choosing TCX as Data source).

MTA: I haven't used MMR in awhile but I just exported a friend's recent workout and imported into RA. It didn't seem to preserve the splits. Unsure if that is an MMR export thing, TCX format thing, or what. So I suppose it isn't that handy. The map did come through, as did overall time/distance.