Kinvara 3 - Amazon Deal of the Day 4/25/13 (Read 122 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Amazon has the Kinvara 3 for $54.95 on their Deal of the Day in case anyone is interested.

http://amzn.to/ZKzlHV

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Why is it sideways?

Nice. Just ordered a couple pairs.

joescott

Thank you for posting!  These are my boy's training shoes, so it will be great to pick up at least a couple pairs for him.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I am collecting shoes at an alarming rate. Have 4 new pairs of shoes (in Boxes) right now, don't run enough to justify the growing collection plus I seem to be able to wear these 600-700 miles without issues, but could not pass up a deal on my favorite shoe.

Mmmmm...beer

I just picked up a couple pairs from RW on clearance, and now this deal is $10 cheaper, might have to grab a couple more.  Wife is gonna be pissed. lol  I think I have more shoes than she does now.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

joescott

I am collecting shoes at an alarming rate. Have 4 new pairs of shoes (in Boxes) right now, don't run enough to justify the growing collection plus I seem to be able to wear these 600-700 miles without issues, but could not pass up a deal on my favorite shoe.

Wow!  You can wear Kinvaras for 600-700 miles?!

Although they are wickedly light for a training shoe, which is a nice advantage, I would say that my son probably only gets 400 out and then they start to fall apart pretty rapidly.  This is a disadvantage for the dad funding the running.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

SubDood

Wow!  You can wear Kinvaras for 600-700 miles?!

Although they are wickedly light for a training shoe, which is a nice advantage, I would say that my son probably only gets 400 out and then they start to fall apart pretty rapidly.  This is a disadvantage for the dad funding the running.

I have 830+ miles on my Kinvara 2's right now, and the uppers are just starting to separate a bit, but are otherwise still quite functional. But I "baby" my shoes...

Does anyone know how different the 3's are from the 2's? I thought I read somewhere that there were changes that not everyone liked. I also just got a pair of the Virrata's and like them a lot, but I'd jump on this deal if the 3's aren't much of a change from the 2's.

Mmmmm...beer

I have 830+ miles on my Kinvara 2's right now, and the uppers are just starting to separate a bit, but are otherwise still quite functional. But I "baby" my shoes...

Does anyone know how different the 3's are from the 2's? I thought I read somewhere that there were changes that not everyone liked. I also just got a pair of the Virrata's and like them a lot, but I'd jump on this deal if the 3's aren't much of a change from the 2's.

I have a pair of 2's that I'm still running in, have 212 miles on 'em and plenty of life left.  Now I'm rotating in two pairs of 3's as well.  Haven't noticed any major differences, they feel pretty much the same on the road to me.  The uppers on the 3's seem to be a lil stiffer, which isn't really saying much since the upper on the pair of 2's I have is super flimsy, the 3's are still not as stiff as my Cortanas or Mirages.  I want to try a pair of Virratas, but I'll wait till they go on sale/clearance.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I think kids are harder on running shoes!  I know my two go/went through them like crazy.  It feels as if my daughter's coach is constantly telling her that her shoes need replacing!

Awesome.  Thanks for the tip!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

I threw out the original kinvaras after about 800 miles (Second to my Speedstars which were still kind of OK at over 1100 miles), Seems like the Kinvara 2 and 3 have an issue with the uppers,one torn in the front from a run down a mountain, the other maybe just normal wear where I seem to hit the inside of my leg with the other foot (possible strength issue here), but being 125 lbs probably helps with why I can put that many miles on most shoes.

These shoes have spoiled me though, I could run in pretty much any shoes before, but even Brooks Launch now seem chunky and too cushy.

Yay!  Thanks for posting!

Does anyone know how different the 3's are from the 2's?

Yes, the 2's were awesome and the 3's SUCK. That's the main difference.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Yes, the 2's were awesome and the 3's SUCK. That's the main difference.

Ha ha. I heard the 4 is going back closer to the model of the 2...

By the way for those who like the 3's, runningwarehouse has them for $64 right now and with a discount code you're in the range of the Amazon deal of the day, except it will still be there tomorrow.

Runners run