turn off publishing notes on facebook app (Read 989 times)

npoles

I've searched around a bit for this…but i apologize if this has been answered before.

Anyways, I like to enter notes for my run just to remind myself of the various intervals i may have run within a workout. I'd rather not show these notes on facebook though. I've checked the 'don't publish my notes' button in the facebook app preferences but for some reason, they still show up. Can anyone help me with this? I just don't want the notes to appear to everyone

eric :)

npoles91,

As far as I know, if you select the "don't publish my notes" option, your notes will not be in the feed.  Can you verify that you saved your preference changes by going back to the preference tab and ensuring that it is still checked?  That's the only thing I can think of to explain why it wasn't working properly.  If it's checked, then I will have to investigate further.

npoles

yeah, it's definitely checked. I've even unchecked it, saved, rechecked it, and saved again and nothing changes...
        eric :)

On which page are you seeing these notes?  The list of possibilities are:

• your wall
          • your profile
          • on your RA FB app's summary page
          npoles

ok, eric, i just figured it out from your last post. I guess i was looking at my RA summary page thinking that whatever i saw there would also show up the same for other people looking at my profile. I didn't realize that the summary page was private.

Thanks for your help!