Need Runners' Opinions on Ad Campaign (Read 217 times)

rktrump

I am conducting a quick survey about running ads and would greatly appreciate the help of people who run. All that would be required is taking the time to complete a 10-15 min survey. Your responses will be confidential and anonymous. Your participation is a tremendous help!

If you would like to participate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/runningadsurvey.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration,

Rebecca Trump

rktrump@loyola.edu

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How many questions, and how many pages?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

CT JEFF

how much do you like or dislike this survey? (dislike)

how much time did it take you ? (too much)

how often do you feel the questions were repeated ? (excessively)

how much do you feel this survey was deceptive ? (excessively)

This took me about 25 minutes while watching tv. I strongly disliked this survey.

--------------------------------------------------------------- (COPIED FROM START OF SURVEY) ---------------------

Thank you again for agreeing to participate in this study. The purpose of the study is to evaluate an advertisement. Adidas is planning to re-run some old ads as part of their 65th anniversary celebration. As such, they would like your opinions on some of their previous ads. In total, they are testing 5 different ads and you will be asked to evaluate 1 of those ads.

The ads are designed to show runners engaged in activities that are unique to runners – the kinds of experiences that non-runners wouldn’t be able to fully appreciate.

Adidas plans to run the advertisements in specialty running magazines such as Runner's World and Running Times - the readers of these magazines are runners of all ages.  

Please share your opinions about the ad (shown next) with us. 

_________________________________  (COPIED FROM END OF SURVEY)  ______________________________

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Your answers are invaluable to us.

Below are a few things we would like you to know:

First, this is not a survey commissioned by Adidas. This is a university research study designed to assess runners' perceptions of advertisements. Adidas has no involvement with this study.

Second, we would like to remind you that all your answers will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you again for doing this study. If you have any questions about the study or are interested in the results, please don’t hesitate to contact Rebecca Trump at rktrump@loyola.edu.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

(also the first ad picked it from a great theme of ads, but is a lame execution.  I don't know if there's another ad, I quit)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

RSX

I ignored this on RWOL and will here also

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How many questions, and how many pages?

If they refuse to answer this, it's probably a sign they aren't too concerned with civility.

ultramarathon/triathlete

It would be nice to remind people of which publications the ad would run in once you get to the question:

Thinking about the ad, please indicate the degree to which you agree with the following statements.

By then, I'd forgotten which publications you were considering. 

And I agree with those above, it's too damn long.  This is what I'd use as an example to the classes I lecture in and clients I have of what to do when you want to create respondent fatigue and poor data (I don't know what they're teaching you at Loyola but I admit I've seen way worse from students, so there's that).  But hey, what do I know.

I doubt Rebecca will come back here to view any responses anyway.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

xhristopher

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It would be nice to remind people of which publications the ad would run in once you get to the question:

Thinking about the ad, please indicate the degree to which you agree with the following statements.

By then, I'd forgotten which publications you were considering. 

And I agree with those above, it's too damn long.  This is what I'd use as an example to the classes I lecture in and clients I have of what to do when you want to create respondent fatigue and poor data (I don't know what they're teaching you at Loyola but I admit I've seen way worse from students, so there's that).  But hey, what do I know.

I doubt Rebecca will come back here to view any responses anyway.

Yeah, if a survey (or any form) is too damn long, and all questions are required, I just make diagonal lines with the multiple choice boxes, to get through...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

It was just weird when the survey started asking you to consider others in how you feel [agree or disagree] about something.  What is that even supposed to mean?!

[maybe I'm a closet sociopath and this survey just outed me]

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow. I just went through it (drawing pretty zigzags, b/c clearly there were way too many words to read), and that goes on a long time.

xhristopher

Holy crap this is a long survey. After submitting about 12 answers and moving to the next page the progress bar only bumped a percent or two. I cried uncle and in the towel pretty early. Did your instructor really ask for this much detail? If not, I recommend a very strong edit if you want meaningful responses.

JeffCT, you really finished this? You should have gone for a run instead.

If they refuse to answer this, it's probably a sign they aren't too concerned with civility.

AP, they are probably just bombing the boards and have no interest in checking back. The fact that I responded above demonstrates that I don't even listen to myself.

xhristopher

It was just weird when the survey started asking you to consider others in how you feel [agree or disagree] about something.  What is that even supposed to mean?!

[maybe I'm a closet sociopath and this survey just outed me]

I think I wrote the person behind the runner in the ad felt the urge to have a BM.

xhristopher

Damn. If I click the survey link again it welcomes me back and urges me to continue.

xhristopher

I just looked at the test again. It's clear we're being trolled. There are about 250 questions.