Version 2.7.1 - how to uninstall? (Read 1840 times)

Happy

How do I uninstall the 2.7.1 version of the Garmin Plugin? I still can't use training log to upload from GPS after installing the 2.6.4 version.
    5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB
    eric :)

flower,

To uninstall the plugin:

1. Go to Control Panel
        • Vista: Open "Programs and Features"
        • Windows XP: Open "Add or Remove Programs"
      2. Find the "Garmin Communicator Plugin" from the program list
      3. Click Uninstall

After you uninstalled the plugin, you can then install the older version.  Good luck!

eric :-)

jtessier72

Anyone have the way to uninstall Communicator Plugin 2.7.1 on MacOS X?
        ymmv

Anyone have the way to uninstall Communicator Plugin 2.7.1 on MacOS X?

I truly do not want to risk screwing up your computer, but if I wanted to do that, here is what I would try:

If you type aboutTonguelugins in the Firefox url field, or if you select the Safari option 'Help - Installed Plugins' you will see that both refer to this file: GarminGpsControl.plugin which is actually a directory here:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/GarminGpsControl.plugin/

I would just move that entire GarminGpsControl.plugin directory to some safe place, then install the older garmin browser plugin.

I have not done this myself (I have never upgraded to the broken version of the plugin) but this is what I would do to remove the old version.

I also checked to see if the plugin install package comes with an 'uninstall' option, but I was not too surprised that it did not.

MTA oh, that's so funny that I cannot type 'about : plugins' with no spaces and not get some emoticon.

jtessier72

Thanks ymmv,

I did as you suggested, but the 2.6.4 installer still complained that a new version was installed.

There are a few other files you have to delete - I don't know if all are necessary, but here's what I removed in addition to the plugin itself.

~/Library/Preferences/com.garmin.GarminGpsControl.plis

/Library/Receipts/garminCommunicatorPluginPostflight.pkg
            /Library/Receipts/garmingpscontrol.pkg
            /Library/Receipts/Garmin Communicator Plug-in.pkg

Thanks again,

JT.