Aww crap what should I do? (Read 382 times)

I vote for A. I've run several 20+ milers on a treadmill and if you break it up into 5 mile 'legs' (like you plan) it's not too terrible. Get a couple DVDs you've been meaning to watch and catch up on your movies.

Coastal

I vote for a nice taper to the half, a long warm up , hammer the half, and then if you feel like it a 2 or 3 mile cool down afterwards.

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

I wouldn't get hung up on doing another 20-miler. One run will not make or break you and in a lot of ways a half marathon raced all out is a better marathon workout than a 20 miler at an easy pace. I'd do maybe a mile warmup before the the HM, race it all out for a PR, and then if you're feeling up to it, add maybe 3 miles afterward. Good enough.

That's what I'd do. I more or less did it today, in fact (10mi race). I added 6mi more later, but that was completely unexpected and just b/c I saw a friend running up the road, and I quickly parked and joined in for a bit, for fun.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jojo61397

I am on interval 2 of 4- 5 mile intervals on the treadmill.  I have changed clothes a few times already Smile.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo61397

I'm done.

I did 10.2 on the treadmill, another 2 miles outside, came in and had to change clothing due to a downpour and humidity, hopped on the treadmill for 1.2 miles, then went batpoop crazy, went outside and finished up 6.8 miles.  So happy to be done.  Now, I'm going into the taper madness.

Really good news about this, I did it all in a 9:40/min/mile pace Smile

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.