Let's not talk about meat, it's protein instead (Read 206 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Taco Bell?

Well, it ain't like it is food.

GC100k

I like Taco Bell.  It's about the only place we can get fast food for my vegan (fresco) and veg kids.  You can get fairly healthy stuff for really cheap prices.  What's not to like?

Taco Bell?

Well, it ain't like it is food.

I like Taco Bell.  It's about the only place we can get fast food for my vegan (fresco) and veg kids.  You can get fairly healthy stuff for really cheap prices.  What's not to like?

I like it, too. But, frankly, I generally see a downtick in my healthy-feelingness when I fall off the wagon and stop there multiple days during a given week.

You want healthy, vegan and way cheaper than Taco Bell?

A can of Whole Foods brand no salt added beans (pinto, black, canellini, navy, others) .  89 cents.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

DaBurger

Question, why would it take 7 years to develop a healthy menu?

Know thyself.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I LOVE the Bell. But that is not the same as it being food.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I didn't post it so much to pick on Taco Bell, but to point out how our choices in food or "food" are driven by perception.

"43 percent of conversations about “meat” over the last six months were negative...only 6 percent of conversations about “protein” were negative."

It's not like anyone needs to buy fast food - ever. I eat it maybe once a year...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Mmm, Crunchy Tacos.

steph  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

So, if TacoBell "meat" is grown in a lab, will animal-rights vegetarians eat it?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My kid is a super picky eater (hurray, Autism!!) and 50th percentile height, while only 10th percentile weight.  Were it not for TB's Doritos Locos taco (minus anything other than meat and cheese) he'd rarely ever eat much in any restaurant -- he'll happily inhale 2 of those in a sitting.  We pick our battles.  We find ourselves eating at TB somewhat often if we're traveling or grabbing something quick.   I'm pretty fond of their burrito supreme, too.  Aside from the weird meat blend it's just beans and veggies.  I wish they gave the option of a whole grain soft tortilla.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

runlikeagirI

Or if you have a Kroger nearby, Simple Truth organic beans in a can at the same price.  I grab 3 or 4 cans every time I go there.

I like it, too. But, frankly, I generally see a downtick in my healthy-feelingness when I fall off the wagon and stop there multiple days during a given week.

You want healthy, vegan and way cheaper than Taco Bell?

A can of Whole Foods brand no salt added beans (pinto, black, canellini, navy, others) .  89 cents.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I actually like Taco Bell, but since no one else in my family will go near it, I don't get to eat it often.  Also, there's a much better locally-owned chain that has awesome burritos.

As for meat, "meat", lab-grown "meat", protein, or beans, I don't much care which they serve, but I think food producers and restaurants should be required to label their products honestly.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus