Your Week in Running - 12/17/07 to 12/23/07 (Read 594 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Recovery. I'm less than 25 miles from 1500, maybe I'll limp through the week to beat the bunny.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm pretty happy with how my running is going lately. 13 miles this past week over four runs (3-3-0-3-0-4-0) and that was a planned reduction from prior weeks. This week the plan is to go back up to 16 miles over four runs with a long run of six miles. I can't even remember the last time I ran six miles but I would guess it was eight years ago. I'm looking forward to it.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Monday - Forced rest day Tuesday - Forced rest day Wednesday - 8 Hilly miles Thursday - 9 Hilly miles Friday 10 Hilly miles Saturday 9 Hilly miles Sunday y - 11.3 Hilly miles Total for week - 47.3 Total for year - 2308.7 Miles Too many hills this week Confused Son in hospital helped force rest on me.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Oh, my goodness, spaniel, I guess it's all relative! I can only dream of 52 miles, or perhaps it's better to say it will be awhile until I get there! Good luck ramping up.
          Thanks. For perspective I ran over 4000 miles last year (and had 16 weeks at 100mpw or higher) and will not reach half that this year. I've got a lot of conditioning to regain!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

4000 miles per year? Whoa. You gotta make your log public. Whoa. Shocked
              4000 miles per year?
              We got a guy like that on RW Masters. Here's his weekly: Sun-11.0 miles @7:24 pace. Mon- 8.0 miles @7:27 pace....3.0 miles @6:56 pace. Tue- 8.0 miles @7:29 pace....3.0 miles @6:48 pace. Wed- 8.2 miles @8:23 pace....3.0 miles @7:27 pace. Thu- 8.0 miles @7:23 pace....3.1 miles @6:29 pace. Fri- 8.2 miles @8:12 pace....3.0 miles @7:42 pace. Sat-11.5 miles @8:15 pace. 78.0 miles @7:40 pace....including 19 sub7 miles and 5 sub6:30 miles...jumped the paces up a bit this week....15 days out from the marathon I will be mostly running relaxed paces from here on out and start the a gradual taper this coming Thursday. MTD= 250.5 @7:49 pace. YTD= 4,100.2 @7:57 pace. LTD= 68,256.6

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.