The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

LOL.

I can't wait to see what the black hooded girl has in store for us. My husband was reading something and said those 2 armless, toothless zombies attached to her are her ex-boyfriends? That's one way to take care of an ex!!

That's what I heard too, and she cut off their jaws so they can't bite her.  Nice.  I read somewhere that those two zombies have stopped trying to attack her and are almost like two trained dogs now.  I thought they were all about eating the living.  Why wouldn't they continue to try and attack her? 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is just SO badass.  Perhaps this will serve as a cautionary tale for my kid--be nice to girls...you never know when you'll become a zombie and she'll get revenge for bad treatment by using you as her minion...muwahahahahaha!!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I read that in the comics, the two armless zombies were her Dad and her boyfriend. 

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I read that in the comics, the two armless zombies were her Dad and her boyfriend. 

That wasn't mentioned on "The Talking Dead" program. The writers were on and they ID'd Michone (sp?) and that she will play a big role in season 3. They also called the building a prison. Question in my mind is whether Rick's crew finds it in season 3... Looks like Andrea has a new BFF...

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Article on Cracked.com.  Doesn't have any major spoilers...at least nothing that I haven't already heard rumored here and there.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

Yeah, I thought that Jimmy's demise was particularly hapless. Like, "Oh I'll just drive this big, clunky, sputtering RV over to the barn and park it in the midst of a swarming throng of ravenous walkers. I won't even need to lock the doors to the RV!"

ultramarathon/triathlete

Damn..   I wanted speculation, not actual stuff from teh books.  now, I'm going to have to go out and get the books cause I dont think I can wait for season 3.

Agreed.  Though it was kinda cool to find that out, I'd rather wait to find out from the show.  I think we should have a rule of thumb that while this thread can and does contain spoilers, the spoilers should be limited to the TV show's current episode.  People should be welcome to say "hey, this might or might not be answered if you read the books, PM me for more details."

I made this mistake on another thread discussing Game of Thrones.  I commented on something that happens in the 4th book, but the TV show was on the first book (or a bit on the second book).  I didn't think about it until someone actually got pissed off that I "ruined" something for them.

Anyway, not saying I'm pissed or even bothered at all, but I could see that happening.  So, new rule of thumb, stick with reveals/comments that do not go beyond the show's current episodes??

Related to the show, I agree, WTF with the winebego guy dying.  Seems like they just wanted to kill him off.  That was a pathetic way to die.  

And yes, she should have been able to outrun the walkers in the woods, though maybe they were coming from all sides, and for a while it would have been pitch black and difficult to see the walkers. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

ultramarathon/triathlete

Here's a question for y'all (talking like Maggie). My son is blasting through the graphic novels.  We bought him the first 3 with a GC he got for Christmas.  He read them in <24 hours and is like a junkie looking for his next fix.

Anyhow, he keeps dropping damned spoilers.  He keeps secrets worse than my kid sister (which is bad...she tells us what she's getting us for gifts as she's buying them).  So I'm thinking maybe I should just read the novels, even if it means knowing what's going to happen.  I just wonder if it will lessen the experience of watching the show...or maybe it will serve to leave me waiting with bated breath to see how the show creators turn 2D books into fleshed-out (heh) technicolor drama...?

WWYD?

Have you ever read a book before the movie came out?  I do this all the time and find the books are generally better than the movies, but I still like the movies.  I don't think it really takes away (thinking Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, which I'm seeing tonight) (the exception is Steven King books -books are always better than the movies, which usually suck).  

I'm not sure with graphic novels though.  I'm not really into them, personally.  They're just slightly beefed up comic books and I find real books let my imagination run more.  But, having said that, I bet if you read them, you will still like the show. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you ever read a book before the movie came out?  I do this all the time and find the books are generally better than the movies, but I still like the movies.  I don't think it really takes away (thinking Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, which I'm seeing tonight) (the exception is Steven King books -books are always better than the movies, which usually suck).  

I'm not sure with graphic novels though.  I'm not really into them, personally.  They're just slightly beefed up comic books and I find real books let my imagination run more.  But, having said that, I bet if you read them, you will still like the show. 

I'd hope I still like the show if I read the books.  DH is now reading the books, so I'll see what his take is on things, having watched the first 2 seasons before reading the books.

I am so jealous that you're seeing THG tonight.  I really wish DS didn't have school tomorrow.  We'd totally be going to the midnight show!  I just finished the first book last night and it's taking all of my will to not diver into book 2, but I have too much stuff to do around the house and it's too amazing outside to sit and just read a book.

~ Sarah Kay

ultramarathon/triathlete

Was this posted?

It's reaaallllllllyyyyy funny.

http://the-walking-dead-funny.tumblr.com/page/4

make sure you read though the multiple pages, keeps getting better and better. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, some of those are funny...I especially love Dale with the derp zombie that pops up behind him! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I loved a bunch of them, but really liked the one with the comparison between Darryl and BobFett - so true - great characters with limited screen time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I laughed at all of the references to Daryl never wearing shirts with sleeves...and I'm so glad he doesn't. Shy

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We got DS the first season on DVD for Easter (you know, in honor of Zombie Jesus, heh).  We gave it to him early.  He's totally obsessed, now.  He's read the first 3 books (waiting on a few more from inter-library loan), so he had a lot of questions that were tricky for us to answer re: how the 2 mediums differ.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

We got DS the first season on DVD for Easter (you know, in honor of Zombie Jesus, heh).  We gave it to him early.  He's totally obsessed, now.  He's read the first 3 books (waiting on a few more from inter-library loan), so he had a lot of questions that were tricky for us to answer re: how the 2 mediums differ.

Okay, I just finished "The Walking Dead - Compendium One"  which would be comics 1-48 (or books 1-9 I think on the compilations) and the show has veered a LOT from teh books.  I'll try to do a quick comparison here without going past where the show ended or giving away anything that might happen later.

Dale and Andrea are a couple in the book - EWwww

Shane died much earlier in the book than in the show.

There are a few more characters in the comic - a couple useles, but a few key ones that they may have to introduce later

Carol is much younger in the comic (at one point Glenn mentions that he had wanted to make a move on her)

Everyone in the comic seems like much more of an asshole than on the show - don't worry Lori's still a bitch

Except Carl is actually more likeable in the comic - and also I think quite a bit younger than on the show

Quite a bit of sex going on in the comic as well (Zoomy - may want to keep an eye on this as DS reads it)