GooglePlus anyone? (Read 117 times)

BeeRunB

That's another thing.  If I go to Youtube and I happen to be logged into gmail, it asks me what identity I want to use on Youtube.  I don't want any frickin' identity, I just want to watch a video.

More generally, I would like the great majority of my web browsing to be anonymous, not "glued" to every other service on the web.

I agree. I don't mind my Google services being linked under a single account. But I prefer to keep anonymous in certain places, and not so in others. It seems like they, Facebook, and others are trying to push the belief that "we all want to use our real names on everything."  Not sure that's a wise thing out there in still a very wild cyberspace.

I agree. I don't mind my Google services being linked under a single account. But I prefer to keep anonymous in certain places, and not so in others. It seems like they, Facebook, and others are trying to push the belief that "we all want to use our real names on everything."  Not sure that's a wise thing out there in still a very wild cyberspace.

I don't use Google+ because social media depresses me, but I wanted to chime in that my main issue with "we all want to use our real names" isn't actually the wisdom of such (though that is a concern) but just that I feel the control slipping out of my hands with each new box and opt-out I have to check off in order to avoid doing so. I want the control over my own private information, dammit!