Fastest/Slowest Marathon Courses (Read 4594 times)

mikeymike

Hmm. Okay - got a list of courses that should *not* be counted?
    What do I look like the training log police? Your PR's, your call. To me, if I go through the trouble of racing 26.2 miles and wind up doing so faster than I've ever done, then I'm calling it a PR. Whetherthe USATF and IAAF think it's record elligible is not that important to me. My joke about a course being beyond aided clearly missed its mark and caused this thread to spin out...sorry.

Runners run

How about the Jungfrau Marathon here in Switzerland as a slow one. Check out the course profile. The altitide is in meters, not in stinky feet. http://www.jungfrau-marathon.ch/ws/jm/de/marathon/strecke/
      Run more.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I couldn't read a word of that, but I didn't have to. Wow, what a good race to quit at the halfway point. From Lauterbrunnen to Eigergletscher (25k~41k) is a mutha -- average grade of 8.81%. Surprised

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

average grade of 8.81%. Surprised
          yada yada. Pikes Peak is 11%. And Pikes Peak climbs in 21 km what jungfrau climbs in 42 Cool
            But in the Jungfrau you don't ge the reward of running gown. You go down by bus. That is the ultimate anti-climax to me. Running uphill for 42k and then sit in a bus down. Confused Last evidense that the Swiss are a mad people. http://www.swissjuramarathon.com/5/Welcome.html 7 marathons after each other. From one end of Switzerland to the other. 350km +- 11.000m vertical. I need to get out of here before I start enjoying hillls.
            Run more.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I agree that running down is fun, but most folks dread the Pikes Peak descent. I guess you and I are rare birds. A lot of folks get injured or tear up their quads and backs going down.
                I would probably also dread the Pikes Peak descent. It's that frikkin 21km warmup that sucks the fun out of it. Wink
                Run more.