Broad Street anyone? (Read 727 times)

Good luck, you guys! Have a great race and hope you get a chance to get some pictures Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Scout7

If anyone checks, I'll be there around 7:30-ish. Depends on the trains.
        If anyone checks, I'll be there around 7:30-ish. Depends on the trains.
        Joe should be the easiest to spot with his Charlie Brown shirt!

Michelle

Nice race today Scout. Nothing like back to back races. Smile

Michelle

Thanks to Joe, I call today's race "Chasing Charlie Brown"...thanks to the shirt he was wearing and the super quick intro (met Scout then as well) before the race, I knew it was him up ahead of me around mile 3. I tried to catch up but then lost sight of him, thinking I might be able to catch him again I ran the rest of the race looking for Charlie Brown, or Scout. Scout and Pam, I searched the lost runners area after the race a few times looking for you, without any luck. I probably passed you all and didn't know it. If I had driven in myself I would have been able to take more time but I was pressured to hurry up...others in the group have things going on today and needed to leave right after the race. Not only did I miss meeting Pam, and only have a quick intro with Joe and Scout, after saying hello to them I wasn't able to find the group I went with, so I ran the race by "alone" (with the other 16,000 plus people Smile). I feel cheated! I didn't wear a watch but I think my time was 80 minutes. I'll confirm later on the website. Chasing Charlie Brown keep me going stronger than I planned. I'm happy with the race, I felt strong throughout. I missed seeing the mayor, but my friend slapped him five near mile 4. I loved the bag pipes, not sure which mile they were. The open fire hydrants felt nice. Not too many chatty runners along the way, I was hoping for some socializing. Okay, Joe, Pam, and Scout...we need to find another race but this time lets plan on something a little less hectic and lets plan a meeting spot AWAY from the race area and perhaps tailgating afterwards. Any ideas? How about the Charlie Horse Trail run???

Michelle

Good race Michelle! I also met up with Scout, Joe and another fellow before the race. We all started together but went seperate ways about half mile or so into race. Bag pipes were at mile 7.5. I agree. I'm up for another race, even a trail one! I did try and get in touch with you before the race Michelle. I text ya and got a message back saying who are you. Called numerous times and got voice mail. Definetly gotta hook up at a MUCH LESS CROWDED race!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson