Running With Little Ones (Read 177 times)

Treadmill at home was my rescue. Still is from time to time, although my boys are big enough now to be left alone for an hour or so.

superspike113

Honorary Old

My kids are 8 and 10 now, but I did the jogging stroller back in the day.  It actually worked ok for me.  I even had the dog on a long leash and he led the way.  (I used to pretend we were running in the Iditarod)  I used to take both of them (and the dog) every evening after work and first thing Saturday morning.  I would check out as many of the jogging strollers as you can.....maybe you  just didn't have the right one.  Best of luck!!

I took the dog, too. Mine is very well behaved, so I clipped her to the handlebar with one of those big ass Mommy Hook carabiner things and had her on a headcollar to keep her from pulling. Works great, and the kiddo likes looking at/talking to the dog.

I highly recommend the chariot if you can do a designated running stroller. The enclosed design keeps them from dropping crap out of the stroller and protects them from the elements. I took my DS running in 10* F weather, I just bundled him up good and tucked him in with a blanket and hot water bottle. DS really likes the stroller, but I notice he is more annoying if its the two of us. If a friend goes with us, he does better because he can listen to our conversation rather than ask me to sing him songs or talk to him about every dog and truck we see.  I bet I ran at least 800 miles total with DS in the stroller. Maybe more.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07