Spring is officially here. Share your winter memories. (Read 691 times)

Lisa3.1

Christmas with the Grandparents and friends was fun. Sledding with our son. and terrible flu throughout the entire trip.
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I remember feeling my mind slip away from me as I ran 16 miles on the stupid TM.

Member Since 2008

Let's see, Winter memories: Oh yea! Chiropractic bill $800.00, Pain, no change.
          it got down to 37 degrees once. brrrrr. there was ice on the bay boardwalk...from the sprinklers. Tongue I ran 25+ miles of a marathon in the pouring rain and 20mph winds.

Jennifer mm#1231

PWL

Has been

It's hard to maintain mileage in miserable weather. My favorite memory was the a**hole who lives across the street from me hiring a guy with a frontloader to scoop all of the snow out of his driveway/yard and put it in our yard. The prick did it while I was at work and we ended up with a 25 foot pile. And we got a lot of snow this year!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Sorry all. My winter memories are just complaints of having to run in Rain Puddles and mud. One morning or two we had frost! Wink

left-right-left-right-repeat

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's hard to maintain mileage in miserable weather. My favorite memory was the a**hole who lives across the street from me hiring a guy with a frontloader to scoop all of the snow out of his driveway/yard and put it in our yard. The prick did it while I was at work and we ended up with a 25 foot pile. And we got a lot of snow this year!
                Oh, HAYUL, no! I'd be exacting a special kind of revenge on that dumbf*ck. We are SO lucky...our next door neighbor plows our driveway for free. The guy is a saint. We would have to spend hundreds of dollars every year to pay for that to be done by a service.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, PWL, what a jerk! We had trouble finding a place to park our cars on our private road long enough for the plow guy to clear our driveway. Our neighbor, usually a pleasant woman, phoned me and started yelling at me! It was weird, because it wasn't like we left the cars out that long. I told her that's why we're building an addition with a garage! Oh, that will be my other winter of 2008 memory - building during the worst winter in many years in Maine. Tongue
                    This was my first winter as a runner. My memories include: - Building up to 10.5 mile long runs. - Building up to 27 miles per week. - Coldest run (5 degrees and windy). Wore some of my ski gear (hat, gloves and two fleeces). - Knee injury due to wearing the wrong shoes. - Water bottles freezing during early morning runs. I'm looking forward to spring running, even though I will miss half of it (broken toe). I think that is what aggravates me the most. I just had to break my toe at the beginning of spring, it couldn't have happened in the beginning of winter... Undecided Oh well, I'll be back in no time.... Gwin
                    2007 Races: 5K: 25 minutes, 10 seconds 10K: 50 minutes, 31 seconds 2008 Races: Half Marathon: 1:55:45 (ZOOMA, Annapolis, MD) 10-Mile Race: 1:25:24 (Piney Point, MD) 2009 Races: Marathon: 4:44:22 (Piney Point, MD)
                      Running on Xmas morning in my hometown ( Northville , MI ) I got up early, ran through Hines Park, into town. There was barley anyone out. I toured my old city, ran up to my old high school. It was 20 degres out, clear, snow on the ground. It was profoundly peacful. That is what I am remember most. Very nice.

- Anya

It's hard to maintain mileage in miserable weather. My favorite memory was the a**hole who lives across the street from me hiring a guy with a frontloader to scoop all of the snow out of his driveway/yard and put it in our yard. The prick did it while I was at work and we ended up with a 25 foot pile. And we got a lot of snow this year! Heck is that legal where you are. That must make for some sour relations. How does he keep a straight face around you. I hope the guy with the frontloader did it all on his own, and not on your neighbours instructions. That is so beyond the pale.
                        C-R

Snow, freezing rain, sleet, hail, windchills below 20 and frozen snot. Boo Yea! Big grin Winter is the time for us runners to HTFU and get ready for warmer running weather.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Winter is the time for us runners to HTFU and get ready for warmer running weather.
                            I credit HTFUing all Winter for my 3rd place (out of 7, heh...I'm such a rock star) AG placement on Sat. 6 inches of icy snow the night before didn't phase me too bad on race day. My guess is much of my competition either didn't run as much over the Winter or did their miles indoors. Running on snow and ice makes for some strong legs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay