1000 miles (Read 737 times)

I did it yesterday. Pretty stoked. Fall marathon fell through, but still running consistently. Really excited considering last year I only did 696 miles for the whole year.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will be hitting 1k tomorrow, assuming I don't lose a leg or something in the meantime. Nice work, Ryan. Smile BTW, what happened to your marathon?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I trained for about 3-4 weeks, and then I was away from my home for three weeks straight, which doesn't sound bad. The first week I was at a conference in WV, no biggie, could have trained then. The second and third week I took the youth group from my church to church camp....ever tried to train in the middle of being in charge of teens? That's part of the reason, plus I still have some other big trips coming up this fall. I just had too much going on to try to fit in a marathon. I love running, but I never want my life to fit around my running...there's too much pressure there. I was getting too stressed the day before my first week away and just decided I can still run, maintain a good base, and feel good about it, and then train come spring time.
        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. Hope to break 1000 this year. Run < 500 last year. 500="" last=""></ 500 last year.>

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...Ryan, I totally get that. With my injury issues I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that until I am at the start line, there is no 100% guarantee that I will be able to run the race I am currently training for. It really bothered me for a while, but then I started looking ahead at the possibility of a Spring Marathon if this one falls through. There's always another race. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, plus it gives me a chance to look at shorter races. To my credit I have 2 marathons and a 15k. Before Christmas, in my immediate area there is another 15k, a 5k, a 4 miler, and a half-mary...to which I am considering running all of them...why not? Good luck to you zoomy.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, plus it gives me a chance to look at shorter races. To my credit I have 2 marathons and a 15k. Before Christmas, in my immediate area there is another 15k, a 5k, a 4 miler, and a half-mary...to which I am considering running all of them...why not? Good luck to you zoomy.
                Ooh, those shorter races are some of my favorite distances. I think the alternative sounds awesome. Big grin I hit 1k tonite. Now just 500 more for the year...barring injury it shouldn't be a stretch. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

congrats! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

1003 miles as of today, may have taken 18 months but there in the end, although i am on course for 1000 miles in a year (will be close)