Retuning/ exchanging my Garmin (Read 1086 times)

On every other run or so, the miles on the Garmin will stop going up and then start going DOWN. Undecided I don't have it programmed to 'subtract' miles, and it's getting to be a huge pain to worry about. I'm mailing it back to Amazon tomorrow and hope that they can send me a new one without too much of a hassle.
    2009: BQ?
    HOSS1961

Hey, I had to return my 205 to Garmin for an alarm problem about 5 weeks ago for "repair" but they sent me a new one instead. They seem to stand by their products. Good luck on your goals. Hoss
      HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trishie, I could swear someone else here had that problem not too long ago. I hope you can get it resolved shortly. Man, I've only had mine for about a month and I am already totally attached to that silly little computer. I'd be a sad camper if I had to run with my dumb stopwatch, again. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

That must be freaky to watch it count backwards! If you find one that lets you count your age backwards, I'll buy it from you! Good luck.

Life is Good

I have a Garmin 305 and I love it! but when I first got the thing it would not upload my runs if I had more than 3 stored on the device...I wrote them about it and the seemed to have cleard up the problem with some down loadable patches from their website..great company! Smile

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

hup

My 305's beep became nearly inaudible. I didn't realize how quiet it had gotten until I fired up my wife's new 305 and it scared me half to death! I called Garmin and after the obligatory reset they gave me an RMA and I sent it off yesterday. Will report back with any updates. BTW, my unit is out of warranty and I let them know that, but the rep said that there would be no charge for this. I hope he was right!
                Few days ago, my 305 started Autopausing/Autoresume all funky for a bit after I took a nice spill. 305 now has some battle wounds Black eye. I think this problem might have been to the orientation of the device as I had to hold because the wriststrap was detached from the unit.

Vim

Marathonmanleto

My 305 also became inaudible. Called Garmin. They issued RMA--sent it in and they promptly returned a new one. Don't send to Amazon--call Garmin instead. They will take care of it.
                    My 305 also became inaudible. Called Garmin. They issued RMA--sent it in and they promptly returned a new one. Don't send to Amazon--call Garmin instead. They will take care of it.
                    I did! They are sending me a refurbished one. I mailed mine yesterday, via UPS ... so sad to see Garmie go bye-bye Cry
                    2009: BQ?
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My 305's beep became nearly inaudible.
                      I replaced mine due to this. The lesson I learned was (as I posted in November)
                      ATTENTION HORSKACK, BABARINO, WASHINGTON, AND EPSTEIN (i.e. SWEATHOGS) The sound holes for the speakers are located on the underside of the watch. The problem is that they're right up against your wrist. I had my Garmin slowly go mute this summer, and I think it was due to a combination of sweat and sunscreen getting in the holes. (Got a fast warranty repair, BTW). I recommend putting scotch tape over these holes. You'll still be able to hear it just fine, and you won't drown your speakers in perspiration.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

hup

Update: I shipped my 305 on 1/2 and Garmin received it on Monday. I called customer service this morning and they told me that they shipped it back today (Thursday) Smile Looks like I could have it back by the middle of next week! Trishie - any word on yours yet?
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I replaced mine due to this. The lesson I learned was (as I posted in November)
                          I may try this...I sweat like a horse (Trent pointed out to me that pigs don't sweat).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I may try this...I sweat like a horse (Trent pointed out to me that pigs don't sweat).
                            Highly recommend it. It barely makes a difference in how loud the thing is, and protects Precious from your nasty evil horse sweat.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

hup

Jeff - did they (Garmin) actually tell you that sweat & stuff was the reason that your unit went mute?

Nanorunner

From a lesson hard learned... When you send in your Garmin be sure to insure your package or send it with a company that will trace it for you. I sent mine via US postal service in mid December and didn't insure it. Now Garmin says they never received it. I'm out a 305! Cry