Wipe Out (Read 1427 times)

I'm Betty if you're Al

Would being on this show and doing the course be a good cross training? Man it's tempting.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

xor

I know a woman who was on this show last year.  Like with most shows of this kind, they film tons and tons of video and then whittle it down.  When all was said and done, we only saw her on-air for about 2 seconds.  And man, she WIPED THE FUCK OUT.

Back injury.  She didn't run for several months.

I'm 100% sure that your post wasn't serious, but wow that show looks painful.  And it really is.

I'm Betty if you're Al

I know a woman who was on this show last year.  Like with most shows of this kind, they film tons and tons of video and then whittle it down.  When all was said and done, we only saw her on-air for about 2 seconds.  And man, she WIPED THE FUCK OUT.

I'm 100% sure that your post wasn't serious, but wow that show looks painful.  And it really is.

so your saying there's a chance?

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

xor

A chance of what?

I'm Betty if you're Al

dumb and dumer reference sorry...but in reality a chance of breaking my arse....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs?
              xor

Oh the chances of that are quite high.  Heh.  Have fun!  And remember, they have lots more contestants than what they show. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Every time I've seen that show, I've wondered how many of those Wipe Outs resulted in injury, possible severe in some cases.  I know they must have several EMT crews onhand for the filming.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

an amazing likeness

mta: removed due to excessive snark...far beyond what was intended.  Some good info on the show can be found here, link to realityblurred.com

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

The Milk Man does not seem to be a fan of Wipe Out.

(I'm not either. I saw a whole lot of "hit them in the nuts" game shows in Japan.  WEIRD)

Imminent Catastrophe

The Milk Man does not seem to be a fan of Wipe Out.

(I'm not either. I saw a whole lot of "hit them in the nuts" game shows in Japan.  WEIRD)

Yeah, I like "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" a lot. More laughs, less trauma. And, having been in Japan quite a few times, I can say that yes, their game shows really are like that. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016