Running with an injured back? (Read 445 times)

I have a back injury that hurts like hell at the base of my back when I stand up, and the first few steps I walk, but then it is absolutely fine. I did it getting out of the car the other day. I don't feel it even the slightest bit when I'm walking or running, but it hurts a LOT at a certain range of motion. God help me if I have to bend down. Any thoughts on whether I should hold off on running while it heals? I ran a great (for me) 10K yesterday and it didn't bother me a bit. I don't want to be stupid, but I don't want to stop running either (the story of every running injury I guess). Thanks.
      I can't comment on whether you should or should not run. I had back problems a couple of years ago, related to weak core muscles. I do core exercises 3/4 times a week with the ball for approximately 20 minutes and I have not had a problem since. Good Luck
        Hey, thanks for the response. I have had the same experience - a few years ago I did just this thing 3 or 4 times a year. Then last year I started to really focus on core and this is the first time in probably 18 months. I actually am better today so I'm gonna try to run today and just see if it exacerbates it. Thanks again.