solo, partners, start a running club (Read 489 times)

Hey everyone, I'd like to get some more thoughts on running by yourself vs. with a partner or a group. I generally go out by myself. Tried taking the dog (5 year old black lab) a couple of times but she still ends up trying to drag me around and haven't yet been able to find some one on my same work schedule that would like to start running. I think sometimes it's fun to just get out and run by myseft with or without the IPOD, same goes for the dog. Then other times I think a partner or more so a group would be nice to. That way if you or your partner are not quite the same speed / ability one can push the other. That just wouldn't happen with only the dog or IPOD. At my job, we all work all different kinds of shifts. 1rst, 2nd, 3rd shifts, front / back half of the week, whatever. I'm actually thinking about about starting up a running / walking club there, start it off just at work then expand it to public later if it takes off. I'm not too sure how to start this. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any input. Bryan
      I would as around if there are any other runners working there and if there are maybe post a flyer with your email somewhere to get in touch with you if anyone is interested.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K