Smiley bug (Read 651 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Quote this smiley: Sad
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lazy idiot

I've noticed that, too, but never determined what actually was causing it. You get that if you eliminate the leading space that clicking the smiley automatically enters as part of the underlying code.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is caused because the '>' before the : ( gets absorbed into the smiley, giving you this, > : ( So > Sad becomes Angry

Lazy idiot

Sad
          Test If you leave the space that the initial button click puts in there, it's okay. But yes, I agree... clunky.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Leave the space? Nossir, you have to add the space. At least in my experience.

Lazy idiot

Not me. If I start a new line and click one of the smileys, the space is added by default. Big grin Perhaps the behavior is browser dependent?

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You click the smiley? I just type it in... A colon and a parens.

Lazy idiot

You click the smiley? I just type it in... A colon and a parens.
                  The "regular" smileys I type. After the first three or four on the selection list, I click. Life is too short to be forced to remember what the combination is for each face that's ubiquitious in the swamp. Plus, then I get the space when I quote. Like you, I'm a trouble maker. I just have less practice.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The common smileys in my mind are these: : ) : D ; ) : P : ( | ) <- monkey : ( all the others require advanced thought monkey="" :="" (="" all="" the="" others="" require="" advanced=""></- monkey : ( all the others require advanced thought>
                      Dorks. Giant, flaming dorks.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A colon and a parens.
                        I read this as "A colon and a penis." For a second I thought this was an anatomy lesson. Tongue <---typed colon and p. colon="" and=""></---typed colon and p.>

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I read this as "A colon and a penis." For a second I thought this was an anatomy lesson. Tongue <---typed colon="" and=""></---typed>
                          naughty girl.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

"run" "2" "eat"

Dorks. Giant, flaming dorks.
                            yipee-ki-yay!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams