Asics Gel Cumulus (Read 46 times)

caledwen

Good evening. I have been running in the Gel Cumulus for the past year or so. However, I have ran into a problem with them and was wondering if it is just me, or a flaw in that series. For some reason, the toe box on my left shoe is wearing a hole in them. I have been in Asics for a long time and this is the first shoe that I have ever used that has done this. Did they do something to the upper that made them weaker?

RichardR

I think that, starting with model number 17, they have made the toe box shorter in height.  Thus, there is less 'room' for, say, your toe nail.  And, that's what wears the hole in the toe box.

caledwen

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Did they do the same to Nimbus? I was thinking of going to that shoe instead.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

I was a Nimbus wearer for several models, but w/ the 19, they made the toe box narrower, even in the men's version, and I hate them.

I switched shoes completely after the 19, and am now wearing the Saucony Triumph ISO w/ the new foam, and it is so much better.  I never would have switched if I hadn't hated those 19s so much.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Did they do the same to Nimbus? I was thinking of going to that shoe instead.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
          5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10