Mapping issues... (Read 1073 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eric, I was drawing the map for today's run (9/19/07 is the map name) and suddenly it isn't acknowledging my clicks for new points. I tried saving and re-opening to edit it and add more distance, but it's still not working. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, and it gets weirder...I can click anywhere NOT on the path I've already drawn and it will continue my route, but if I click on the route it won't draw. Kinda frustrating, since a lot of my route today overlapped areas I'd already run on... k

~ Sarah Kay

Ok, and it gets weirder...I can click anywhere NOT on the path I've already drawn and it will continue my route, but if I click on the route it won't draw. Kinda frustrating, since a lot of my route today overlapped areas I'd already run on... k
        I had something similar to this happen yesterday afternoon while helping a friend learn how to use the mapping.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had something similar to this happen yesterday afternoon while helping a friend learn how to use the mapping.
          Hmmm...and I didn't run yesterday, so I wonder if this is a recent thing. Has no one else found this "feature?" k

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Hrm... this is very peculiar. I looked into it and it turned out that a bit of old code that controls the Google maps slipped back in. More specifically, it loaded the latest (and very unstable) Google code, which broke the map. I've fixed this. Hopefully this will be the last of it. eric Smile
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...works fine, now. Very odd.

~ Sarah Kay

I have been having this problem about 95% of the time for months now!! But on the computer at work (pre filtering out RA) it worked just fine. I have disabled firewalls etc here at home and NADA for effect

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

eric :)

I have been having this problem about 95% of the time for months now!! But on the computer at work (pre filtering out RA) it worked just fine. I have disabled firewalls etc here at home and NADA for effect
                  Mr. Poop, Maybe you have a bad copy of the map script. Try forcing a reload to get the latest copy.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Mr. Poop, Maybe you have a bad copy of the map script. Try forcing a reload to get the latest copy.
                    I'm sure he'd rather you just call him Bear... Clowning around

Roads were made for journeys...

I'm sure he'd rather you just call him Bear... Clowning around
                      Yep!! Works now!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire