The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

RunsForCake

I'm predicting she dies in childbirth and Rick has to shoot her in the head.

I pray to the zombie gods that this is true.  From the minute she stepped foot on the screen in season one I have disliked her character.

So many things to look forward to in season 3!

The only thing that will get me through the wait is the return of Mad Men and later this summer, Breaking Bad.

Menace to Sobriety

Finally caught up last night. In the last scene, as the camera panned up and back, what was the structure in the background? I couldn't tell if it was a city or some kind of military base. I wonder if the guy with the armless pet walkers is Merle.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

jeffdonahue

Finally caught up last night. In the last scene, as the camera panned up and back, what was the structure in the background? I couldn't tell if it was a city or some kind of military base. I wonder if the guy with the armless pet walkers is Merle.

To me it looked like a large fort - kind of reminded me a bit of the fort they had constructed in "I am Legend" at the end.  Strange how a stronghold that looked that fortified was less than a mile from them.

Okay, and what they hell was with the guy with the katana and hood at the end, with the two armless zombies chained to him?  That was both freaky and cool at the same time.

also, how is it that Andrea couldnt outrun the walking zombies in the woods.  It was reminiscent of the old "Friday the 13th" movies where the teenagers would be going at an all out spring, while jason was walking through the woods, and suddenly Jason would be on top of them (or in front of them).

To me it looked like a large fort - kind of reminded me a bit of the fort they had constructed in "I am Legend" at the end.  Strange how a stronghold that looked that fortified was less than a mile from them.

Okay, and what they hell was with the guy with the katana and hood at the end, with the two armless zombies chained to him?  That was both freaky and cool at the same time.

also, how is it that Andrea couldnt outrun the walking zombies in the woods.  It was reminiscent of the old "Friday the 13th" movies where the teenagers would be going at an all out spring, while jason was walking through the woods, and suddenly Jason would be on top of them (or in front of them).

It's a prison.

And the "guy" with no arms is a woman named Michonne who was big in the book. Looks like she'll be prominent in season 3

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jeffdonahue

THEN get mad @ Rick for killing Shane, even after he explained how he had tried to kill him. That is your husband, who is still alive...so...maybe be thankful?

This totally pissed me off.  I think Rick should have shot her in the head right there and then.

Though I do have to admit, it did seem like Rick was starting to lose it a bit at the end of the show.

And everyone seemed to be a little too upset to me about Rick not telling them what the CDC guy said, I mean Carol (was that Sophia's mom's name?) was ready to up and leave the group because of it.  I'm with Rick, I dont think it would have made that much of a difference to anyone other than cause more angst (of which there was enough already).  Darryl seemed to be the only one (once again) with a decent take on the situation.

jeffdonahue

It's a prison.

And the "guy" with no arms is a woman named Michonne who was big in the book. Looks like she'll be prominent in season 3

Damn..   I wanted speculation, not actual stuff from teh books.  now, I'm going to have to go out and get the books cause I dont think I can wait for season 3.

This totally pissed me off.  I think Rick should have shot her in the head right there and then.

Though I do have to admit, it did seem like Rick was starting to lose it a bit at the end of the show.

And everyone seemed to be a little too upset to me about Rick not telling them what the CDC guy said, I mean Carol (was that Sophia's mom's name?) was ready to up and leave the group because of it.  I'm with Rick, I dont think it would have made that much of a difference to anyone other than cause more angst (of which there was enough already).  Darryl seemed to be the only one (once again) with a decent take on the situation.

+1

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Damn..   I wanted speculation, not actual stuff from teh books.  now, I'm going to have to go out and get the books cause I dont think I can wait for season 3.

sorry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have the first 3 sitting just 10 feet from me...I'm trying to pretend they're not there.

Though I will say from the bits and pieces I've gotten from my son that the show and books are often very different.  He keeps asking questions that I can't answer and I ask him questions about things early in the series that aren't in the books.  I'm thinking we may have to suck it up and get Netflix soon, so he can watch the first season and maybe catch up on season 2 online.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

We have the first 3 sitting just 10 feet from me...I'm trying to pretend they're not there.

Though I will say from the bits and pieces I've gotten from my son that the show and books are often very different.  He keeps asking questions that I can't answer and I ask him questions about things early in the series that aren't in the books.  I'm thinking we may have to suck it up and get Netflix soon, so he can watch the first season and maybe catch up on season 2 online.

I believe you can watch them right from AMC'S website. Ok maybe not but if you are an Amazon Prime member you can get the episodes free

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I believe you can watch them right from AMC'S website

Ooh, I think you're right!  For some reason I thought they only had a few recent episodes.  DS may be allowed extra computer time to get caught up (but only when the weather is nasty...we're not letting him waste so much time indoors when it's like it has been...May/June weather in March!).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It's a prison.

The first thing I thought was that it was Darth Sidious.

This kinda bugged me, but the thing is, she was running though the night, and I'm sure she had to stop to catch a breath. Walkers never stop. There's a Gallow-walking joke in here somewhere.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

This kinda bugged me, but the thing is, she was running though the night, and I'm sure she had to stop to catch a breath. Walkers never stop. There's a Gallow-walking joke in here somewhere.

Zombies use low heart rate training. Duh.

vegefrog

Zombies use low heart rate training. Duh.

LOL.

I can't wait to see what the black hooded girl has in store for us. My husband was reading something and said those 2 armless, toothless zombies attached to her are her ex-boyfriends? That's one way to take care of an ex!!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mad Men zombie promo

Clever.   Glad the Mad Men will come in and fill the void left in my Sunday by Walking Dead.

What, you haven't seen Mad Men?  Sign up for a 30-day free Netflix trial, catch up, and cancel.  Or not.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.