Wilson Kipsang - 2:03:42 at Frankfurt Marathon! (Read 680 times)

bhearn

Missed the world record by 4 seconds. Damn. That's 4 sub-2:04s this year. Even discounting Boston, it's still amazing.

"It's OK," the 29-year-old said at the finish. "I'm very happy with the time."

I think I would have a very hard time being so philosophical.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Oh..I'm sure he was thinking something else....

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

4 seconds. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's why I don't run that fast. I wouldn't be able to deal with that as diplomatically.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Whilst I'm sure he would have loved to get the record it could well be that he's happy with the time too. It puts him in a good place for a Olympic berth; which is no mean feat for a Kenyan...

Feeling the growl again

When people are challenging the time so frequently, the record should not last long...lots for fast guys really believing in themselves now.

Funny how on one of my infrequent LR.com visits they were chuckling at the guy beforehand for saying the record may be challenged.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Julia1971

That's why I don't run that fast. I wouldn't be able to deal with that as diplomatically.

+1.  I'm sure I'd have trashed my hotel room.

#artbydmcbride

I wonder if he is plotting ways to shave off 5 seconds next time..........lead off with the foot without the chip...shotgun any beverages....jump and fling yourself across the finish tape...

Runners run