Pain on Top of Foot (Read 554 times)

I took a few days off running because I had pain behind my right knee. Well, that's gone, but it's been replaced (during the days off, strangely) with a pretty awful pain on the top of my left foot. It's off to the side a bit, more like the top of my ankle area, and it hurts to flex my foot. I tried running today and got through 2 miles but it hurt during the run and when I stopped. Any ideas what this could be? When I touch it, sometimes it seems slightly puffy and then I think I'm imagining it because it feels like the other foot. I really have no idea what this is, but it SUCKS. I'm running my second 5k in two weeks and then I'm starting my training for my first half marathon. Undecided
    Wingz

Professional Noob

I don't have any idea! Maybe try icing it and not running for a few more days... if it doesn't get better then go get it checked out! Any chance your shoes are laced too tightly? That makes the top of my feet hurt...

Roads were made for journeys...

The athletic trainer at the school where I teach believes it's tendonitis and that I should ice it for a few days and take a few more days off from running, just like you said, Wingz. She also said to swim instead, but I told her I don't know how, and then she still said to swim. Hmmm... This seriously sucks, though.