February Biking Outside (Read 1202 times)

Post and brag about your outdoor rides. Yes Bonus points for biking in carpy weather! Dead (Thank you diddit for the model for this thread last month.) More bonus points for LONG bike rides.

Another Passion

Is carpy weather when it's raining fish instead of cats and dogs? Confused Wink

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Yes, and yet more bonus points for really bad fish puns. (is that redundant?)
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just be glad I haven't yet convinced my little brother to join RA. I made the mistake a week ago of telling him a pun I read on RA and he must have rattled off 40 puns off the top of his head. Kid has WAY too much randomness stored in that noggin of his... I'll have to tell did that you guys are already talking Feb. biking. He's finally getting over his chest virus, so I'm guessing he'll be out on his wheels this weekend. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

waterfordrider

Team Effort

Glad to hear "did" is feeling better. This must be the year for nasty colds and flu Dead It really hacked into my mileage for January. Angry Econo, why don't you join our little 5000 mile group? Cool

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

go Care Bear go!

My goal for February is just to get my butt on a bike at all.... carpy weather or not. I love my winter sports, but it's been too long since I've ridden. Oh wait, I'm going to Florida on vacation next week.... I think I see a bike rental in my near future. Hey, it might be a beach bike, but it's still a bike, no?!
                Carrie, I'm like you. Just. Get. On. Bike. Waterforrider, I had a session with a tri-coach this fall and said "yeah, I did those tri's (all sprints) on 20 mpw biking." "20 miles. Per WEEK?!" she says. heh heh. Forecast for tomorrow's bike ride is rain/snow mix; "feels like" 25 degrees.
                btb1490

Even when it's nice outside, I still do all my biking indoors. Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBZmLzv9NKQ
                  waterfordrider

Team Effort

Even when it's nice outside, I still do all my biking indoors. Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBZmLzv9NKQ
                    Yeah right. You would have us believe that's you in the commercial. Shocked I am easy but not that easy. Smile You indoor biker's are wimps Big grin Big grin You have to get outside once in awhile Cool If you don't get rained on, snowed on or freeze your tush off because you did not wear enough clothes you have not lived. Wink Wink Wink

btb1490

Yeah right. You would have us believe that's you in the commercial. Shocked I am easy but not that easy. Smile You indoor biker's are wimps Big grin Big grin You have to get outside once in awhile Cool If you don't get rained on, snowed on or freeze your tush off because you did not wear enough clothes you have not lived. Wink Wink Wink
                      Actually, I applied for that job position in that commercial, but they said I was over qualified.... Wink Ok, just to save face, I had it in my head to bike to work the other day, which I do quite often. Only this time it was 7*F out, and the roads were mostly black ice, so I spent a good part of that ride walking to avoid falling. Does that count as living? Smile
                      waterfordrider

Team Effort

Actually, ......... I spent a good part of that ride walking to avoid falling. Does that count as living? Smile
                        Yeah that qualifies Big grin What a nasty Angry day that must have been. I have been riding to my church bell choir practice. This time of year that means a lot of night riding, which is okay if it is not precipitating Dead You should join our 5000 mile club Big grin You will have some fun with it Wink

I have to report a perfectly carpy bike ride in sleet and high winds (nix the aerobars) this morning. The pricey gear I bought kept my feet dry, but my toes still froze and I had to cut it off at a pathetic half hour. I'm really disappinted. Sad ETA: OK, I'm done whining -- come on, who else biked outside this weekend?

Supa Dupa Fly

I'm just starting out cycling. Bought a bike a few weeks ago and got it all nice n fitted. Went out for a short ride yesterday and will again today...but it's in the upper 60's here in Atlanta. does that even count? Cool
                            ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
                              partial credit!

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

I'm just starting out cycling. Bought a bike a few weeks ago and got it all nice n fitted. Went out for a short ride yesterday and will again today...but it's in the upper 60's here in Atlanta. does that even count? Cool
                                Post info about your bike and we'll see. did