Mississippi's Lehigh Valley Marathon Report (Read 946 times)

I soooooooo understand what it's like to have a OVERWORKED STRESSED OUT husband!
    I know you do. Ken and Scott need a vacation. But not together, they'll likely end up talking shop. I wish I could have seen my face when I read my husband's e-mail asking me "so, how was your 5k on Sunday?"....must have been priceless.

Michelle

awwww! I hope you know I was being silly! Clowning around
      I know!! And don't worry, I still think I want to smack him. The reason he was so miserable on Sunday was because of work and because of how he had to miss some of the Philadelphia Eagles "wonderful" game to take our daughter to soccer since I wasn't home on time. Big grin

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Michelle, What a great race, and race report. Thanks and congratulations! And as for placing in your first marathon, that is so cool! I loved that line:
        It was harder than I thought.
        No, really? Big grin And your observation about the miles after 22...I'm quite sure they are deliberately longer than advertised! As for the chafing, we can all relate. A good coating of lube in the affected areas will prevent that next time, and it really wasn't necessary to say where it occurred, we all knew Surprised

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I am just now getting to catch up on posts. A huge congratulations to you Michelle!!! That is an awesome first marathon- not because of time, not because of the award- but because you walked away from it smiling!!! Way to go!!
          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
            I am just now getting to catch up on posts. A huge congratulations to you Michelle!!! That is an awesome first marathon- not because of time, not because of the award- but because you walked away from it smiling!!! Way to go!!
            Thank you very much. I'm still smiling. Especially since the pain is just about gone. Big grin

Michelle

Michelle, What a great race, and race report. Thanks and congratulations! And as for placing in your first marathon, that is so cool! I loved that line: No, really? Big grin
              Thank you! And I guess going into a marathon thinking "this won't be so bad" wasn't realistic. Smile

Michelle

Today I walked down steps....WITHOUT pain! Yay. Looks like I'll be running tonight after all! Smile

Michelle

Maybe it's better if he thinks it was a 5k and not a marathon! Those marathons aren't good for you, ya know!
                  I know, I know. And he's still against them, and still didn't say a single word about how I did. He just told me that I was obsessed. Oh well.

Michelle

Today I walked down steps....WITHOUT pain! Yay. Looks like I'll be running tonight after all! Smile
                    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Enjoy your run tonight!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Enjoy your run tonight!!!
                      I will! Yesterday there was no way I was going to run so this morning when I woke up still in pain I thought today was out too, but now I think I've turned that corner and I can run...nice and easy that is.

Michelle

a bit late..but congrats michelle...awesome run..oh and ditto what crabby says...HOTNESS!
                        Thank you! See, this forum is great for running advice, support, and suggestions, AND for unexpected ego boosts every now and then. Big grin Blush

Michelle

Me and my gang in Breck

Awesome job and a great report.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."