leg pain? (Read 494 times)

adiaz16

Hi y'all!! I have been running since october, nothing longer than 3.5 miles and was feeling pretty good. Well it got cold so I started running on a treadmill. About a month ago my right leg started hurting really bad, worse than a shin split. Its the lower leg, to the left of the bone ( on the inside). When I touch the muscle it is really sore. It is about half way between my ankle and knee. The bone doesn't hurt at all, feels like the muscle right along side the bone? I stopped running for a week and the pain went away, now after my third day running this week it is hurting horribly again. Walking hurts too. Funny enough if i am walking on heals it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as walking with flats. This is my first injury and not sure what it is or what i should do. Thanks!!
      Is it in the front or the back of the leg? Is it in the calf muscle? If it is in the muscle I would suggest looking up how to massage the calf online... there are some good video's on it. The heal vs flat thing could be just Gastrocnemius vs Soleus muscle? But it could also be that heals keep some tension off the achilles and those muscles...

Think Whirled Peas

Hi y'all!! I have been running since october, nothing longer than 3.5 miles and was feeling pretty good. Well it got cold so I started running on a treadmill. About a month ago my right leg started hurting really bad, worse than a shin split. Its the lower leg, to the left of the bone ( on the inside). When I touch the muscle it is really sore. It is about half way between my ankle and knee. The bone doesn't hurt at all, feels like the muscle right along side the bone? I stopped running for a week and the pain went away, now after my third day running this week it is hurting horribly again. Walking hurts too. Funny enough if i am walking on heals it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as walking with flats. This is my first injury and not sure what it is or what i should do. Thanks!!
        How many miles do you have on your running shoes? If you've had them for a while it's probably a good place to start.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

adiaz16

front of the leg, not calf! i hadn't thought about the shoes, have been running since oct, no idea how many miles? but I think i will start there! thanks so much!