Queen of the Realm (Read 120 times)

Julia1971

We haven't had a poll in a while...

So, I recently moved to a new neighborhood and have noticed there are a lot of runners.  I thought the best way to make my presence known by creating a Strava segment in front of my house.  Was that rude?

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I think absolutely appropriate.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Joann Y

Necessary, not rude.

John Wood

Only rude if you don’t share your segment. How else do I know if I want to run it?

Half Crazy K 2.0

So possibly a dumb Strava question. If I have the privacy setting to not sure a radius around my house, would it even show up if I did a segment there?

zebano

So possibly a dumb Strava question. If I have the privacy setting to not sure a radius around my house, would it even show up if I did a segment there?

I don't think so.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

If my street was a segment the Local Legend would be this woman I've nicknamed Elbows Akimbo. She's out there right now walking hill repeats. Respect the grind.

Runners run

dpschumacher

37 going on 60

2021 Goals for my 2 marathon cycles this year

Marathon Sub 2:40 2:39:27 Grandma's Marathon 6/19/21

10k Sub 35:00 in Marathon build

5k Sub 16:30 in Marathon build /16:34 BK5K Memorial Day 2021

2022 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 2:41:32 Grandma's 2022

10k Sub 35:00

5k Sub 16:00

Half Crazy K 2.0

There should be a 4th option--find any low hanging fruit segments and claim them. I have my home in the privacy zone, plus, I don't want to have to run up the hill.

Julia1971

Just realized I didn't change my privacy zone.  And, I'm actually not sure if I will now.  I really want bragging rights.