Garmin Upload Not Working (Read 212 times)

HermosaBoy

For some reason I am getting some stranger behavior in both Chrome and IE this afternoon.  Uploaded run data to Garmin Connect, but it doesn't seem to be flowing to RA.  I don't see it in the Imported Workouts queue.

When I go to the upload page, I get the following message:

Device: Not connected

Chrome no longer supports the Garmin Communicator. You need to use another browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari to import your workouts.

If you import your workouts to Garmin Connect, you can enable Garmin Connect integration, which would automatically save workouts uploaded to Garmin Connect to your RunningAHEAD account.

Not sure what might have changed since I uploaded data this morning?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I have this problem too:

Uploaded run data to Garmin Connect, but it doesn't seem to be flowing to RA.

It worked perfect before

HermosaBoy

So, my run this morning seems to have made it to the imported workouts queue.

Not sure what happened to yesterday afternoon's run?  I guess I need to manually enter it...

Rob

HermosaBoy

Yesterday's run just showed up...  Smile

Rob

Mine's not working now either.  It says "Garmin Communicator is not installed," yet it is.  I haven't changed anything.  It uploads to Garmin Connect just fine, but it won't upload to RA.  Any idea how to fix this?

runmichigan

Garmin Communicator is a plug-in no longer supported by many browsers.  It allowed you to directly upload a workout from your computer to RA.  Garmin Express is the application that allows you to upload your workouts to the Garmin Connect site.  Since your workouts are going there, it appears to be working.

Eric built integration with Garmin Connect that allows Garmin to push your workouts from Garmin Connect to RA.  To make sure that is turned on, go to Training Log -> Tools -> Applications in RA and verify it shows you are connected.  You may also need to verify it is connected in your Garmin Connect by going to Settings -> Account Information.  In the Applications list at the bottom of tha page you see RA.

If Garmin is having problems with their servers, your workouts may be delayed in being pushed out to RA.

If Garmin is having problems with their servers, your workouts may be delayed in being pushed out to RA.

This could be it!  When I tried exporting to GPX I got an error message.  I had to export the original file (.fit), then convert it to GPX and manually upload it to RA.  Thanks!

keeponrunning

Mine's not working now either.  It says "Garmin Communicator is not installed," yet it is.  I haven't changed anything.  It uploads to Garmin Connect just fine, but it won't upload to RA.  Any idea how to fix this?

This is what's happening to me as well.  Won't work in Chrome or Safari.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

an amazing likeness

keeponrunning -- Garmin Communicator no longer is usable. The browsers no longer support it, and Garmin has expired it from use.

There's more details in this RA topic if you want to read them.

If you are currently uploading via the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in, you need to make some changes:

The solution is Garmin Express, and you will have no issues staying with Safari or Chrome and getting data uploaded.

1. Go over to Garmin.com (link) and download the Garmin Express software.

2. Install Garmin Express. This will remove and replace the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in which is End-of-Life.

3. Insure you have the integration setup between RunningAHEAD and Garmin Connect (in your RA log: Tools-> Applications)

With Garmin Express installed, whenever your Garmin device is connected, new workouts will be upload by Garmin Express to Garmin Connect and will pass through to your RunningAHEAD log and be there for you to save.  You then add the workout to your log exactly as you do today via Log -> Upload GPS Data.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

keeponrunning

keeponrunning -- Garmin Communicator no longer is usable. The browsers no longer support it, and Garmin has expired it from use.

There's more details in this RA topic if you want to read them.

If you are currently uploading via the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in, you need to make some changes:

The solution is Garmin Express, and you will have no issues staying with Safari or Chrome and getting data uploaded.

1. Go over to Garmin.com (link) and download the Garmin Express software.

2. Install Garmin Express. This will remove and replace the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in which is End-of-Life.

3. Insure you have the integration setup between RunningAHEAD and Garmin Connect (in your RA log: Tools-> Applications)

With Garmin Express installed, whenever your Garmin device is connected, new workouts will be upload by Garmin Express to Garmin Connect and will pass through to your RunningAHEAD log and be there for you to save.  You then add the workout to your log exactly as you do today via Log -> Upload GPS Data.

Thanks Eric!!  I knew there had to be work-around, I just didn't know how.  You're awesome Smile

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

keeponrunning

Hi Eric,

My Garmin was on the fritz for a bit, so I only got around to trying this today.  I have Garmin Connect installed, and I enabled it in "tools," but it still won't let me upload workouts.  Is there something I'm missing?

an amazing likeness

My Garmin was on the fritz for a bit, so I only got around to trying this today.  I have Garmin Connect installed, and I enabled it in "tools," but it still won't let me upload workouts.  Is there something I'm missing?

First, where you say "Garmin Connect" (underline) -- do you really mean Garmin Express?  If so, good.  If not -- upgrading to Garmin Express is job 1.

Second, you note you enabled in "tools" -- I'm reading that to mean you setup the application access for Garmin Connect in RA's Log -> Tools - Applications.  If so, good.  If not, do that.

After the integration with Garmin Connect is set up -- when you execute the first upload from your device with Garmin Express, it can take some time for Garmin Connect to start processing your files to RA. This delay is at the time of 1st upload(s) after setup. Can be a up to a day's delay at times -- it varies and is seemingly random.

keeponrunning

First, where you say "Garmin Connect" (underline) -- do you really mean Garmin Express?  If so, good.  If not -- upgrading to Garmin Express is job 1.

Second, you note you enabled in "tools" -- I'm reading that to mean you setup the application access for Garmin Connect in RA's Log -> Tools - Applications.  If so, good.  If not, do that.

After the integration with Garmin Connect is set up -- when you execute the first upload from your device with Garmin Express, it can take some time for Garmin Connect to start processing your files to RA. This delay is at the time of 1st upload(s) after setup. Can be a up to a day's delay at times -- it varies and is seemingly random.

Yes, I do mean Garmin Express.

I've enabled it in tools.

I"m not sure what you mean with the processing.  I can't even view my files-- it's telling me my device isn't connected.  This is the screen I'm getting:

runmichigan

Have you gone into Garmin Express and set it up to upload your workouts from your Garmin to your Garmin Connect account?  Once your workouts are in your Garmin Connect account they will be pushed automatically to RA.  You will know when you have workouts waiting for you to complete the import when you have a red number on the blue import icon (next to RunningAHEAD in the blue bar).

You do not use the Upload from GPS in RA.

an amazing likeness

Yes, I do mean Garmin Express.

I've enabled it in tools.

I"m not sure what you mean with the processing.  I can't even view my files-- it's telling me my device isn't connected.  This is the screen I'm getting:

When the data file arrives from Garmin Connect to RA, you'll have a notification in the inbox icon on the top ribbon (up ^^^^ there, to the right of RunningAHEAD, just about the Community tab).  What's most likely happening is that the first time you upload after setting up the integration to Garmin Connect, there is a delay before the data is exported to RunningAhead.

Browse over to Garmin Connect (connect.garmin.com) and see if the workout is in your Activities list over there.  If it is, good -- that means Garmin Express did its job and uploaded.  While you're in Garmin Connect, open your profile (head-shaped icon on left), Edit Profile, then Account Information.  You should see RunningAhead listed in the Applications list at the bottom.

I think you're all set -- you're just dealing with the normal 24 hour delay before Garmin Connect enables the integration with RunningAhead.