Anyone tried Smashrun (Read 323 times)

I found out about this site from a facebook ad believe it or not.  I think it is relatively new??

Anyone use this one?

I am still a runningahead diehard but you might want to take a look at this one because it has some interesting dashboard-like visuals.  No forums or anything like that, just some different graphing and representation of your running history.

http://smashrun.com/rick.stone/invite

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Read often, run fast

Hi,

New here.  I very much like Smashrun.  So far it seems to be the most comprehensive reporting site for your runs, IMO.  The only advantage RunningAhead has is that it can also log other non-running activities.

I run and read a lot of books

I dunno

If its not Runningahead, I'm just not interested.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

kcam

From their home page:

Five reasons to give Smashrun a try...

These badges won’t earn themselves. Here’s the thing about badges: for thousands of years, human beings have been rewarding accomplishment with symbols of respect. From Roman soldiers to subwayheroes, we’ve bestowed tokens on those who have done something above and beyond. It’s part of our heritage. One could even say it’s intrinsic to our humanity. Now go out there and knock out 500 miles so you can be the first of your friends to earn one of these little devils.

THAT is their number 1 reason to try Smashrun!

I still did load up some of my runs from GC (don't like that it won't take data from RunningAhead exports where I have the past x number of years stored) and took a look.  They do have some novel ways of looking at your runs but I think I'll pass on it as a day-to-day running log.  Might be useful as another way of looking at data stored on RA and GC just as my excel spreadsheet gives me another way of looking at my RA data.

From their home page:

Five reasons to give Smashrun a try...

These badges won’t earn themselves. Here’s the thing about badges: for thousands of years, human beings have been rewarding accomplishment with symbols of respect. From Roman soldiers to subwayheroes, we’ve bestowed tokens on those who have done something above and beyond. It’s part of our heritage. One could even say it’s intrinsic to our humanity. Now go out there and knock out 500 miles so you can be the first of your friends to earn one of these little devils.

THAT is their number 1 reason to try Smashrun!

I still did load up some of my runs from GC (don't like that it won't take data from RunningAhead exports where I have the past x number of years stored) and took a look.  They do have some novel ways of looking at your runs but I think I'll pass on it as a day-to-day running log.  Might be useful as another way of looking at data stored on RA and GC just as my excel spreadsheet gives me another way of looking at my RA data.

Just what I need, yet another run logger thingy.  While achieving the "Pounded Palin" badge is NOT the motivational boost I'm looking for, I do like the use of tags.  This brings run a useful dimension to run attributes.  Oddly, I see know way to search or group runs by tag.

hectortrojan

Looks interesting, but since I have some manual entries, some from strava and some from garmin, I am not interested in trying unless they come up with the mechanism to upload my history from runningahead to their site

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Will it let me import to RunningAhead? If not, then I am not interested. This is the only reason I use RunKeeper.

running metalhead

Well, it has synched some stuff from Garmin...

But as I recently retook the use of RA I don't see too much extra advantage.

In fact many of the people who say that are (just as me) long time users who have continued with RA because it fits into our way of training.

All this motivational stuff not necessary for many of us: We don't need to  be motivated to run more miles or faster, we already know how much we need to run, when and in which way. What interest is there in knowing that your last recovery pace run with your dog ranks the 10th in a given route? I don't care (as long as I don't win the dog-poo badge for the biggest turd, LOL)

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Runner Mike

Is this for older folks with poor eyesight?

Anywho, I do like the ability to look at prior years totals and any month other than the last few like RA.

But I'll stick with RA but for the love of God can we find a way to switch between days without going back a page. Maybe an arrow?

LitchfieldHills

Anywho, I do like the ability to look at prior years totals and any month other than the last few like RA.

You can do this using Training Log > Reports